Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

volume on tx nr609

2 posters

Go down

volume on tx nr609 Empty volume on tx nr609

Post  zappafan Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:30 am

I connected my tx-nr609 receiver to energy take 5 classics with 200 watt subwoofer. I used lfe sub input. CD Player is connected with 2 ch stero rca jacks and and Cable box is connected with optical cable. Both sound good but the problem is I can't hear any volume until the receiver's volume meter says 60% I verified it only goes up to 100% (without speakers turned on so I wouldn't blow them) even though the knob keeps spinning. Why is this? I just bought receiver...Is it possible one of the amps is blown? Do I really need to run Audissey configuration first? I am not connected to a tv with hdmi yet so I havnt configured yet. What are the default settings for a 5.1 speaker system? are fronts set for small so I get low volume? Do I need to run front speaker outputs directly to speaker inputs on subwoofer instead of the LFE connection? Help???? Mad

zappafan

Back to top Go down

volume on tx nr609 Empty Re: volume on tx nr609

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 am

Hi zappafan,
I have an associate looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi
The receiver is designed like that but you can in the setup screen(on the display since you do not have your TV connected yet) go to number 2 "speaker setup" then go to number 4 "level calibration" and make the adjustments. You can go from -12 to +12, see if that gets the desired volume you're looking for. If not you can go to "setup" on the receiver then go to number 4 "source setup" then number 2 "intellivolume" and increase the volume from the source. You do not need to run the audyssey setup yet but it's a good idea to do so when you connect your TV. As far as whether or not the front speakers are set to "small" that is incorrect they are defaulted to 80hz usually. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down