Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609

3 posters

Go down

watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609 Empty watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609

Post  sdumin Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

I recently installed a NR609 receiver. When the cable box is connected to the receiver with HDMI (in) and the receiver to the TV w/ HDMI (out), the volume on the TV is disabled and you have to listen to the TV audio through the receiver. Is there a way to disable this, or have the option to listen to the volume using the TV speakers only? Sometimes my kids watch TV and it's much easier to have the TV set to play w/out having to run the audio through the receiver. Also, can you play the TV/cable w/out having the power for the receiver on, or do you have to turn the receiver on to get the cable signal to the TV?

I guess the other option is to have the HDMI from the cable box to the TV and run RCA's to the receiver for the audio? Other suggestions?
Thanks...

sdumin

Back to top Go down

watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609 Empty Re: watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609

Post  coxie2 Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 pm

sdumin Check out page 44 of the owners manual. I have my 609 set up to play audio / video straight to tv with receiver off. Once you have it set up, a small HDMI light will be on the front of the 609 when receiver is off. I would give more details but am at work. May post more in morning when home. Hope this helps.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609 Empty Re: watching TV w/out Receiver turned on NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi coxie2,

Thank you for the suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdumin Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Thx, will referrence manual, rewire and test. This may solve another issue I've been having w/ the audio volume level being different from my CD/DVD player and cable box when played through the receiver? Hopefully this will kill two birds w/ one stone...

sdumin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi sdumin,

This should work.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down