Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One 'power on' button.

2 posters

Go down

One 'power on' button. Empty One 'power on' button.

Post  rolinger Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

Hello all,

Issue: how do I program remote or receiver so I can just turn on the TV and the receiver will automatically come on at the same time?

I have had to disconnect all my entertainment equipment several times, each time I do so it seems that when I reconnect all the devices the Onkyo receiver behaves differently. Previously I have been able to turn on or turn off the TV and the Onkyo would automatically turn on or off at the same time. I can't seem to replicate that after rehooking everything up again. As well, before disconnecting everything this most recent time, it seemed when the TV/Receiver automatically came on, the receiver would start in cbl/sat mode (which is what my TV runs on) and then within 5 seconds auto switch over to BD/DVD - and I then I have to switch it back. Now that my TV/Onkyo aren't on/off'ing together, this 5 second auto switch to BD/DVD isn't occurring.

So all this has me baffled as how its choosing/determining which auto functions are in play and how the Onkyo is choosing what to sync/automate after each disconnect and reconnect of audio/video hardware. (I keep disconnecting everything because I have changed out entertainment consoles 3 times in last month now)

rolinger

Back to top Go down

One 'power on' button. Empty Re: One 'power on' button.

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 pm

What is the model number of your receiver? Does the Onkyo remote controller for your receiver have the ALL OFF, MY MOVIE, MY TV, etc buttons towards the top portion of the controller? If so, we can set up a macro setting to achieve this and resolve this issue. In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT).

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rolinger Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Sheesh, I never saw your response until now. My model number is: tx-nr616. I still haven't been able to get the TV/Receiver to on off at the same time. I still have to power them on independently of each other. The remote control is the : RC-837M. It does not have an ALL OFF, MY MOVIE or MY TV buttons on it.

rolinger

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Another question- does your TV have any HDMI-CEC control options and is it currently enabled? This would also act as the ONE-POWER BUTTON function as well if properly configured. In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down