Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen Empty TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen

Post  sigfreund Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Early after initial release, I remember some people having black screen output via hdmi but thought it was fixed with a previous firmware upgrade. I was never effected before but all of a sudden I have had it happen 3 times in the last week. The first 2 times I restored hdmi video output by doing a system reset (big hassle) but fortunately this evening when it happened again I discovered that unplugging the receiver would also restore video output. Better than a full reset but still an major annoyance! Anyone else having this problem and better yet are than any solution out there?

sigfreund

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen Empty Re: TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen

Post  tulak Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:20 pm

sigfreund wrote:Early after initial release, I remember some people having black screen output via hdmi but thought it was fixed with a previous firmware upgrade. I was never effected before but all of a sudden I have had it happen 3 times in the last week. The first 2 times I restored hdmi video output by doing a system reset (big hassle) but fortunately this evening when it happened again I discovered that unplugging the receiver would also restore video output. Better than a full reset but still an major annoyance! Anyone else having this problem and better yet are than any solution out there?

yes many of us have same problem Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t750-tx-nr515-monitor-out-issues-no-picture

tulak

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Check out my topic on the situatuion I have a 616 and have found a way if yours works the same that you can get pic and sound with out resetting or unplugging. Under user name FlyByNgt and please post your result in that tread for all to see.

Topic heading:

TX-NR616 and other units with the HDMI pass thru not working after shut off test of units what I see and might help Onkyo's Service ** ALSO INFO ON ONKYO'S REMOTE APP**

Ciao, FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR616 HDMI Black screen Empty Here is the the link to the thread

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Sorry, here is the link:

Post your results please so we can see if this will help Onkyo with the solution.

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t1508-tx-nr616-and-other-units-with-the-hdmi-pass-thru-not-working-after-shut-off-test-of-units-what-i-see-and-might-help-onkyo-s-service-also-info-on-onkyo-s-remote-app

Post your results please so we can see if this will help Onkyo with the solution.

Thanks, FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello tulak ;

Your message has been forwarded to the appropriate representatives and department for further review and research. Thank you again for your input; as someone from the Engineering department will research your suggestion; so please periodically check our PRESS RELEASES for any further information regarding the implementation of any F/W update to resolve this issue/inquiry. Please check our PRESS RELEASE section for further information within the next days/ weeks.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down