Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC180 No Video / Sound Common Problem

2 posters

Go down

HT-RC180 No Video / Sound Common Problem Empty HT-RC180 No Video / Sound Common Problem

Post  Pat Law Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 am

I have a 30 month old HT-RC180 Receiver that no longer works using the HDMI ports (no sound / Video). I no longer have the receipt so Onkyo does not want to repair. This is an obvious quality issue with the receiver as i've read about 100's of other persons having the same issue.

I have the original box when i purchased from Frys December 2009. I do not want the expense / hassle of shipping the receiver, would prefer to just send the board in to have the defective Caps replaced on the board.

I'm back to using my TX-DS787 from 1999. Best receiver ever, IMO, however after this dealing i'm having a hard time even considering spending my hard earned money on another onkyo product. I noticed my TX-DS787 has a built in fan, however the HT-RC180 has no fan, i'm guessing this is what leads to the issue.

Pat Law

Back to top Go down

HT-RC180 No Video / Sound Common Problem Empty Re: HT-RC180 No Video / Sound Common Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Pat Law,

Please contact our parts and service department to see what they can do for you. They can be reached at 201-785-2600 option #4.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down