Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

809 VGA PC Input Issues

2 posters

Go down

809 VGA PC Input Issues Empty 809 VGA PC Input Issues

Post  Limbs Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi all,
I have recently purchased an 809, I specifically went for the "old" model because it has the VGA PC input, which is the only output that is available on the PC that I want to use, problem is that the VGA input does not seem to work at all well!

Now, you would think that the 809 would like the resolution set to 1920x1080, but if I set it to that all I get is a blank (blue) screen, in fact the only resolutions that will work are 800x600 & 1024x768. If I change the resolution to anything else I either get the blank screen again or it automatically reverts back to 800x600 or 1024x768! On top of that when I do get a picture it is very bright, washed out & blured. Results are similar with different PCs.

If I connect the VGA cable directly to my TV the picture quality is much better and more resolutions work, trouble is the eventual plan is to distribute HDMIs to various TVs in various rooms, so a direct connection to the TV will be no use.

I have set the HDMI input for PC to "- - - - -" as the manual suggests (Page 46)

Please could you advise me if I'm doing anything wrong, or does it sound like my unit has an issue?

Thanks.

Limbs

Back to top Go down

809 VGA PC Input Issues Empty Re: 809 VGA PC Input Issues

Post  rndman Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

If you look at the bottom (Resolutions available) of page 90 of the manual, you will see only 4 resolutions are supported as observed by you.
Yes, this may be a limitation. I too am not very happy with the kind of picture it puts out with VGA. But am not heavy user so don't care much.

rndman

Back to top Go down

Post  Limbs Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks for your reply rndman, I did wonder if there were any resolution limitations, but they are indeed very restrictive! Sad

How bad is your picture? Mine is so washed out that, for instance, on an Excel table, the inter-cell lines become totally invisible and text is very, very blurred; it really is unusable!! Sad Sad The picture adjustments don't seem to have any effect either, is this also correct?

Limbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down