Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Receiver switches Input when TV Input Switches

2 posters

Go down

Receiver switches Input when TV Input Switches Empty Receiver switches Input when TV Input Switches

Post  fviola Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I highlighted my main concern in bold.

I am using an HT-S3500 with a PS3 and Motorola DVR.

A long story short, I need to have my DVR connected through Component Cables instead of HDMI.

I still have a PS3 connected to my Receiver with HDMI.

In order to switch the video from the PS3 to the DVR, I need to change the Input on my TV since I am using both Component and HDMI cables and I do not think that my Receiver allows me to display Component input sources through an HDMI output.

If my TV input and my Receiver input is set to PS3...and I want to switch to my DVR, I change the input on my TV to select the component input. When I do this, my Receiver automatically switches to the TV/CD input. I then have to change the Receiver input to Cable/Sat.

This is annoying because it would be great if the Receiver would automatically switch to the Cable/Sat instead of the TV/CD....is there a way to do this?

To solve the automatic switching, I turned off the HDMI control settings on my Receiver...but I still want to know if there is a way to change the input the Receiver automatically turns to when the source is changed from HDMI to Component.

Thanks for any help

fviola

Back to top Go down

Receiver switches Input when TV Input Switches Empty Re: Receiver switches Input when TV Input Switches

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm

I would suggest you try to reserve a SKYPE callback reservation (using a Skype enabled device or webcam and microphone, iPad or Android tablet device with Skype, or cellphone with Skype) for an interactive and visual presentation of your current setup so we can further assist you at the following weblink: http://www.onkyousa.com/support_appointment_afaq.cfm?skype=y. This reservation is aavailable Monday -Friday 10am to 4pm EST; we would like to view your setup and work to resolve your issue. If this is NOT an option- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down