Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem.

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem. Empty TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem.

Post  kevinsoren Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

I have had this reciever for about 5 months and it has worked great. Just this morning, I lost the video coming out of it. I can have either the Game, DVD, or Satellite all on, and all I get is the sound. There is no video going out to the TV. It has never done this before. I though maybe it was a bad HDMI cable, so I went out and got a new one, and nothing changed. Is there somthing that could have changed on my settings that I bumped accidently? What would cause this? Thanks in advance for any help.

kevinsoren

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem. Empty Re: TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem.

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi kevinsoren,

Have you tried a reset of the unit? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem. Empty Re: TX-NR709 video out to the TV problem.

Post  kevinsoren Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:00 pm

I just downloaded the most recent firmware update. I will try the reset when I get home tonight. I will let you know if that fixes it.

kevinsoren

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi kevinsoren,

Thank you and please me know.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kevinsoren Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I downloaded the most recent firmware and that solved the problem. I did not have to reset the unit. Problem solved. Please let others know if they have the same problem that it worked for me.

kevinsoren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down