Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another?

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another? Empty TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another?

Post  DaneX Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello,

I have had my TX-NR709 for a year or so and have been very happy with it.
There is one thing that is annoying me. I can't seem to figure out how I am able to have video from one input while having audio from another.

E.g. while watching TV I'd like to have music playing from my computer or the radio.

I guess it should be possible, but I havent found the solution yet. So I hope you are able to direct me in the right way. Smile

Thank you.

Martin

DaneX

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another? Empty Re: TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another?

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Martin,

On our new models the only way to this is to use the TV/CD on the receiver for the other device. You can use the tuner because by default it has no video associated with it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another? Empty Re: TX-NR709 Video from one input and Audio from another?

Post  DaneX Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Oh so I connect my computer to the TV/CD and then I should be able to play music from it while watching TV through the receiver?

Sorry English is not my native language. Smile

// Martin

DaneX

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi DaneX,

You are correct that is all you have to do.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaneX Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:09 am

Thank you kindly for your answer. This works fine even though I can only do this with 2 sources (TV/CD and Radio).

It would have been great, if you could select a source to get Video/Audio from like normal and then hold down another source button for e.g. 2 seconds to select where to get Audio from, so you could have several options to mix Video and Audio channels.

I have 5 sources of audio, that I would like to combine. Computer, CD player, Blue Ray player (concert BD's), Dune mediaplayer and Radio (I even have an old Minidisk player Razz). But it seems that I will have to switch connections manually with the TV/CD input on the back, if I want to get my Audio from other sources while watching TV.

DaneX

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi DaneX,

Thank you for the suggestions.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down