Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR709 problem after update

2 posters

Go down

TX NR709 problem after update Empty TX NR709 problem after update

Post  kiza Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 am

Hi,

I have updated to the newest firmware a couple days ago.
Now I am having a problem with certain inputs (BD/DVD) on HDMI 1. Before the update there was a blue screen without any input signal. Now when I switch AVR on, if unit connected to HDMI1 is not on , there is no blue screen and choosing Setup or Menu option shows nothing on screen. If I switch the source on and then off the blue screen shows with all the OSD (volume or Menu). I have tried to re-apply the firmware but it would not allow me to.
So if the last viewed source was on HDMI1 when I switch AVR on on Tuner input there is no screen, but it plays FM station.
I have tried factory reset, but it didn't help.

kiza

Back to top Go down

TX NR709 problem after update Empty Re: TX NR709 problem after update

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi kiza,

Please unplug the unit for at least an hour, make sure that all HDMI inputs are disconnected when this is done. After the hour is up please plug the unit back in and reinsert all the HDMI cables and retry it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kiza Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi,

I have left AVR unplugged for 8 hours and did a reset (again) after powering up. No difference at all.

I did a lot of tests and the results are:

HDMI Main:

* When AVR is powered up no blue screen on HDMI inputs when sources are in standby. AVR display shows " No signal"
* When source(s) is (are) switched on, the picture is fine and when they are switched off the blue background shows with resolution 480p. If AVR is switched off then on, no blue screen on HDMI connected inputs (sources off). If HDMI leads are disconnected, the blue background is always there with 1080p resolution.

HDMI Sub:

* AVR is on, sources (HDMI connected) are off, blue background always shows with 480p resolution. With HDMI (s) disconnected blue background resolution is 1080p.

There were no problems before the latest update.

kiza

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi kiza,

It sounds like this unit will need to be serviced. You may contact one of our service centers closest to your location or if you are still within your dealers exchange period you can return it to them.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kiza Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for your effort. Is there any way to re-install the firmware? I do use the unit all the time and do not want to be without!

kiza

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 am

Hi kiza,
You can just install the firmware the way you originally did. However, we still believe the unit needs to go in for service. You may find a service center on our website or contact our parts and service department with assistance in receiving a repair. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down