TX-NR709 Second HDMI failure=WIDESPREAD PROBLEM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TX-NR709 Second HDMI failure=WIDESPREAD PROBLEM

Post  wvufanmg on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I purchased a brand new TX-NR709 in March. By May, the main HDMI board (first 5 HDMI ports) died and would not display external sources. I took it to the authorized repair center. On July 2, I called the repair center and was told the HDMI board replacement was on back order from Onkyo until September 30! So, I called Onkyo to see what could be done. I was assured I would be sent a brand new unit once the repair center sent mine back (and it would be shipped to my address). Over three weeks later, I am awaiting the FedEx delivery of my unit, and find that it was sent to the repair place. No problem, I go there the next morning to pick it up, only to find they sent a different unit with lower specs than my 709. NOT ACCEPTABLE. So, I returned that unit (after waiting a week for the shipping label) and 3 MORE weeks go by and I finally get my new 709 on September 27. Yesterday, the SAME HDMI issue occurred. I performed a soft reset, and a hard reset, to no avail. Despite what Onkyo says, THERE IS A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM WITH THE HDMI BOARDS ON THESE UNITS. I am no being told that I have to send my unit in to Onkyo (AGAIN) and they will look at it to determine the problem and "might" be able to send me another new one. At this point, I have owned a functional unit for less than 3 months since April. I wish I had never purchased an Onkyo unit and will definitely be steering clear in the future. I am also filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against Onkyo for taking so extremely long to service equipment and provide reliable devices.

wvufanmg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TX-NR709 Second HDMI failure=WIDESPREAD PROBLEM

Post  OnkyoUSA on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

wvufanmg wrote:I purchased a brand new TX-NR709 in March. By May, the main HDMI board (first 5 HDMI ports) died and would not display external sources. I took it to the authorized repair center. On July 2, I called the repair center and was told the HDMI board replacement was on back order from Onkyo until September 30! So, I called Onkyo to see what could be done. I was assured I would be sent a brand new unit once the repair center sent mine back (and it would be shipped to my address). Over three weeks later, I am awaiting the FedEx delivery of my unit, and find that it was sent to the repair place. No problem, I go there the next morning to pick it up, only to find they sent a different unit with lower specs than my 709. NOT ACCEPTABLE. So, I returned that unit (after waiting a week for the shipping label) and 3 MORE weeks go by and I finally get my new 709 on September 27. Yesterday, the SAME HDMI issue occurred. I performed a soft reset, and a hard reset, to no avail. Despite what Onkyo says, THERE IS A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM WITH THE HDMI BOARDS ON THESE UNITS. I am no being told that I have to send my unit in to Onkyo (AGAIN) and they will look at it to determine the problem and "might" be able to send me another new one. At this point, I have owned a functional unit for less than 3 months since April. I wish I had never purchased an Onkyo unit and will definitely be steering clear in the future. I am also filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against Onkyo for taking so extremely long to service equipment and provide reliable devices.

Hello Wvufang;

Please reply to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) with the following information and I will have this issue reviewed by the appropriate departments and respond back promptly:

Name:
Forum Username/ Handle:
Serial Number of receiver:
Email:
Contact Number:

Thank you for your patience and assistance with this issue;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top