Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 - No Video via HDMI (Intermittent)

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 - No Video via HDMI (Intermittent) Empty TX-NR709 - No Video via HDMI (Intermittent)

Post  palerider46 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:52 pm

I recently installed a new TX-NR709 as the centerpiece of a HT set up. All video sources are connected to the 709 via HDMI. Monitor Out is set to HDMI Main and is connected to TV via HDMI. Audio TV Out is set to Off. All audio plays through the 709 for satellite box, Blu-Ray player, and xBox 360. Latest firmware version is installed (7/5/2012 version).

Periodically, and for no apparent reason, when starting up the system, there is no video for any source but audio from any source plays just fine. Likewise, the Set Up Menu for the 709 will not display on the TV so I can't check any settings. The only fix for this is to perform a Factory Reset and then all is well again. Everything will work normally for several days and then the "no video" problem rears its ugly head. This has happened twice in the last two weeks and the receiver is just a little over a month old.

Equipment List:

TV: Sharp LC 70-LE732U (HDMI Main to HDMI 1 on TV, ARC is off)
Blu-Ray: Samsung BD-P1400 (HDMI 1)
Satellite Box: Dish VIP-722 (HDMI 3)
Games: xBox 360 (HDMI 4)

Video Settings on 709:

HDMI Main Resolution - Through
HDMI Through under Hardware Setup - Auto
HDMI Control (RIHD) - Off

I've tested every HDMI cable including the HDMI Checklist on the Onkyo web site. All good without exception. It appears to me that either I have some combination of video settings wrong or there is a problem with the HDMI board. ANy ideas will be appreciated.

palerider46

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 - No Video via HDMI (Intermittent) Empty Network Standby

Post  steverobertsbbc Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:19 am

This is a very common problem at the moment! My NR515 has been free of it since I turned off Network Standby. If you don't need the ability to turn the amp on remotely over the network, I'd certainly try this. Usually turning the amp power off and on at the wall is enough to make it come good though, surprised you need to do a full factory reset.

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down