Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR313 no sound from front speakers

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR313 no sound from front speakers Empty TX-SR313 no sound from front speakers

Post  nsalai Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello all,

Purchased, installed, and setup new reciever this evening to exisiting setup that has worked in the past (5.1).

No matter the source, cannot get the front left and right speakers to work on speaker "A" function. Center channel, both rears, as well as subwoofer all work. If I move fronts to speaker "B" function they produce sound, but obviously I lose 5.1 altogether.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Is this unit a dud? Hoping I merely missed a setup function in the menus...

Yes I have adjusted speaker levels, fronts produce NO sound. Have switched between all listening modes, still no sound. Again, if I move them to speaker "B" I get sound. Double and triple checked connections on back of receiver, wires are fully seated.

Suspect

nsalai

Back to top Go down

TX-SR313 no sound from front speakers Empty Re: TX-SR313 no sound from front speakers

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi nsalai,

Have you made sure that you do not have both speaker A & B on at the same time? Also have you tried a reset of the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down