Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM Empty TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM

Post  alpha2391 Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:30 pm

When i first bought the unit in april 2012, it worked fine. I have my ps3 plugged in to hdmi port and it worked fine, watching movies and playing games i saw the "dolby d" display showing dolby digital was playing. A few weeks ago the receive stopped reading hdmi signals from the 4 hdmi ports only. When i plug in my ps3 sound via optical cable and assign the optical sound to a different selection "VCR/DVR" i get dolby digital sound playing. I also tested playing a dvd in my computer and outputing my PC sound into the second optical port and again it works fine. I narrowed it down to the fact that the hdmi ports in the receiver don't work. I made sure all hdmi cables are connected fine.

only the a speakers are on, i turned off the b speakers

Per another post in this forum i reset the receiver using the standby / vcr pressing of the buttons. the receiver reset "cleared" but didn't solve my problem.

Please let me know if there are other things to do or how i can get someone to come repair the hdmi ports. Again the receiver worked fine when first purchased and out of the blue it stopped working. Let me know.

alpha2391

Back to top Go down

TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM Empty Re: TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi alpha2391,

Have you checked the PS3's audio out to make sure that you have not reset anything on there? Also are you connecting both the optical and the HDMI at the same time?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM Empty Re: TX-SR313 Will not output dolby sound, only PCM

Post  alpha2391 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi, I have checked the ps3 to make sure settings are correct and they are correct it will output dolby digital and no, i am not connecting hdmi and optical at the same time. I do either or. in hdmi mode only pcm comes out. in optical mode dolby sound does come out.

alpha2391

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi alpha2391,

Which model PS3 do you have the fat or slim model?

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alpha2391 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 pm

I have the fat model, but I have tried another blu ray player, i have tried my uverse cable box, and the receiver will not play dolby sound when any of these pieces of equipment are hooked up via hdmi. What do you suggest?

alpha2391

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down