Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806

3 posters

Go down

Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806 Empty Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806

Post  ironchef3500 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Comments: I have an Onkyo TX-SR806 reciever that I paid over 700 dollars for around three years ago. Now I find my HDMI switcher not working at all. After looking at your forums and everywhere else on the internet I see that this model and several other Onkyo receivers have the EXACT same issue with the HDMI output. This is something Onkyo has to know is a major problem. I would like this fixed for free as it seems to be a model defect. Please let me know. Lee Wilson 330-550-2839

I waited an hour on hold to then be told to email someone at * only to have THAT email come back as invalid. Please forward this on to someone that can HELP me. Email is below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I attached several other people with the exact same issue. It is in no way AT ALL limited to one model. Do a Google search for ‘Onlyo HDMI’ you will find page after page after page of people all complaining of the EXACT same issue. Seems Onkyo used some bad/faulty capacitors for the HDMI board. As is a widely known issue with Onkyo receives I feel Onkyo should replace the HDMI board that Onkyo incorrectly made. I spent a large amount of money on what I was told was an excellent receiver. I don’t want to, but will call the better business bureau and join the large amount of dis-satisfied customers.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806 Empty Why doesnt Onkyo stand by their products?

Post  ironchef3500 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 am

I do not understand why Onkyo refuses to acknowledge this HDMI issue with their receivers. I thought when I spent almost $700 that I was buying into a QUALITY name. I have got the run around from customer service and not even a response from Onkyo on this, their VERY OWN FORUM.

Wouldn't a quality company that believes they make quality products want to fix an issue like this regardless of warranty? This receiver was essentially a ticking time bomb when I bought it and Onkyo gladly took my money.

Onkyo and I entered into an agreement, that at the date of purchase the unit was defect free. IT WAS NOT. If they will not fix this for me, I will be gong to the better business bureau and telling everyone who will listen that ONKYO DOES NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806 Empty Re: Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi ironchef3500,

Our apologies your receiver is not working correctly. Please PM us with your contact information and we will take care of your issue immediately. We need your full name, address, phone number, email address, the name of the dealer where it was purchased and the date of purchase. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yappa Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:55 am

Hi there, ironchef3500.

just curious. Did Onkyo US resolve your problem?

Yappa

Back to top Go down

Yet ANOTHER HDMI issue TX-SR806 Empty Not sure

Post  ironchef3500 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:06 pm

I have been very busy these past few days, I will PM them today and update the forums for sure. These HDMI issues are ridiculous. There should have been a recall.

ironchef3500

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down