Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output

2 posters

Go down

SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output Empty SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output

Post  willousb Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Any help would be appreciated. I have the SR806 for the past 3 years and all of a sudden i turned it on and while sound came through fine, the picture was pink and blurry/jagged. After changing HDMI cables, plugging devices (tivo, bluray, etc) directly into the tv I have deduced that it is the HDMI output that has somehow gone bad on the Onkyo receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to possible correct this? Thanks so much,

willousb

Back to top Go down

SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output Empty Re: SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Hi willousb,
Since you checked the HDMI Cables the next step would be performing a reset before sending the unit in for repair. Here is our blog post with all the information you need on the reset: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ If this does not correct the issue please contact our parts and service department for assistance in getting the unit repaired. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com. Someone there will be happy to help you Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We are sorry for the issue you are having and hope to have it corrected ASAP. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output Empty Re: SR806 Screen is going jagged pink i believe due to bad HDMI output

Post  willousb Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 am

It appears the factory reset may have done the trick. I did the reset last night and it seems to have fixed the problem. Now will check it out again this evening and if everything is going okay, will need to re-input all my settings, my logitech remote, etc. Thanks for the help

willousb

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 am

You're Welcome, please keep us posted.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down