Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR806 HDMI out blanking

3 posters

Go down

TX-SR806 HDMI out blanking Empty TX-SR806 HDMI out blanking

Post  crorad Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:59 pm

There seems to be a handshake issue between the Onkyo and my projector TV. Was working fine for about a year but now 5-30 minutes into watching a bluray I will lose picture and sound. The picture does not blank out when I connect the bluray player directly to the TV but with that I have the problem of no HD sound. The only way that I know of to get that is to go through my receiver and then to the TV. I tried different settings on the receiver such as limiting it to 1080i or passthrough video but after a while the screen will eventually blank (TV says no input) and I will also lose sound. Strangely when I bring up the on screen display menu from the receiver the TV will display that but I can't get video and sound back until I turn everything off and reconnect the HDMI cables. I tried using a splitter from the bluray player to the TV and receiver. That also seems to correct the screen blanking issue but again splitters or at least the one I have downgrades the HD sound to two channel even though it says HD sound compatible. I know it's not an HDMI cable or TV issue. I already tried resetting the receiver and switching to a different HDMI in. Other than sending to service since I am out of warranty any other configurations or settings advice?
Thanks

crorad

Back to top Go down

TX-SR806 HDMI out blanking Empty Re: TX-SR806 HDMI out blanking

Post  installer68 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:16 am

unfortunately it sounds like your HDMI card is failing. Very common with the cheaper Onkyo receivers. That is a trip to the shop, and not a cheap one either. Of course we all have our own definition of "cheap"

installer68

Back to top Go down

Post  installer68 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:26 am

have you tried connecting the HDMI from Blue Ray player to TV for picture, then run a digital fiber optic toslink cable to the amp for HD Digital sound. You would have to connect a digital audio cable for each source input( BD player, Satellite box, Game system, etc.) to the receiver, then connect a digital video cable from each source input to the TV video inputs.

installer68

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi installer68,

Have you tried different settings on your blue ray player? Also have you tried running a laser lens cleaner through the player? I would try these suggestions before I take/send it in for service.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down