Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR806 issue with HDMI connection on power-on

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR806 issue with HDMI connection on power-on Empty TX-SR806 issue with HDMI connection on power-on

Post  riftx Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I have an XBOX360, PS3, and HDMI running from my computer to the SR806. The problem is every time I turn on the power, the receiver does not display video of the device that I have selected. Sometimes sound works but no video comes out unless I turn off the receiver and turn it back on, or switch channels on the receiver (from DVD to VCR, then back to DVD).

Other odd symptoms are when I turn the device on to connect to the HDMI output on my graphics card. My computer begins to spam that there is a new display adapter connected by making the plug and play sounds of it going on and off, on and off, on and off. Sometimes it will not work and I have to go through the same approach I do to get video out of the other consoles.

This problem has been going on since I bought the device, but has happen more frequently since I bought a Samsung UN46D7000 smart TV.

Thanks

riftx

Back to top Go down

TX-SR806 issue with HDMI connection on power-on Empty Re: TX-SR806 issue with HDMI connection on power-on

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding the possibility of obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired or possible trade-in option. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down