Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 No HDMI audio?

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 No HDMI audio? Empty TX-NR709 No HDMI audio?

Post  lindenmj Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 pm

I recently hooked up my receiver to my Time Warner cable box via HDMI. The receiver is hooked up to the tv via HDMI Out Main. In the HDMI pass through I get both video and audio (through the tv) but when I have Cab/sat selected there is no audio. I hooked up my iPod via analog to the phono port and confirmed the speakers work (although they were crackly). When selecting cab/sat the OSD switches from digital to analog and says "no signal". I tried the rihd on and it didn't fix the problem.

I've read the manual but can't figure out the setting that will fix this. The time Warner box only has one option for audio and it's "digital". The same problem happens for my xbox 360 connected through component 1 (bd/DVD) and surr back sound. I'm not using any dedicated audio cables... Just the HDMI for cab/sat and analog audio for xbox.

What do I need to do to get both working?

lindenmj

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 No HDMI audio? Empty Re: TX-NR709 No HDMI audio?

Post  lindenmj Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm

Anyone have an idea about this?

lindenmj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi lindenmj,

Have you tried a reset of the unit? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lindenmj Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I tried that but it didn't work. Is there a setting for HDMI audio? What about component audio too?

lindenmj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi lindenmj,

The only assignments that can be made are in the "digital input" under the setup.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lindenmj Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

I fiddled with the audio assignments and got it working. For HDMI, I used "HDMI" and for component I changed it to "analog" or something similar. I thought I had done that prior to a reset but I guess the reset unlocked it. Thanks for the help!

lindenmj

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi lindenmj,

Glad I could assist and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down