Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on.

2 posters

Go down

NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on. Empty NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on.

Post  bondasteri Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Not sure this is possible but thought I'd ask. I have a NR709 with a record player connected to the phono input. When listening to a record, I have my xbox turned on (which is connected to the receiver via hdmi) and the video signal is being sent to my tv so I can play a game. But there is no audio being sent to the tv - can i make the receiver send audio along with the video to my tv so I can hear the xbox?

bondasteri

Back to top Go down

NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on. Empty Re: NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on.

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi bondasteri,

The audio only passes via the HDMI unfortunately.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on. Empty Re: NR709 HDMI Audio pass through when receiver is on.

Post  bondasteri Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm

The audio isn't being passed through the hdmi - that's what i'm asking. Xbox hdmi -> 709 -> tv (audio is stripped).

bondasteri

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi bondasteri,

Have you went to setup => Hardware setup => HDMI and set the RIHD to enable/on?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down