Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo to Onkyo audio connection

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo to Onkyo audio connection Empty Onkyo to Onkyo audio connection

Post  Danno Mon May 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I am trying to ship audio from my Onkyo TX-SV525 receiver to another Onkyo receiver, (TX-SR806) in another room. I connected cables from the "tape out" on the 525 to an unused analog input on the 806. Nothing happened. To test my connection, I unplugged the cable from the 806 and plugged it into a boom box just to see if I had a signal and it worked fine. I could find nothing in "setup" on the 806 to indicate I needed special setup, plus as another test I tried using an analog input on the 806 that I know works, but still no results. How can I get this to work?
Thanks!

Danno

Back to top Go down

Onkyo to Onkyo audio connection Empty Re: Onkyo to Onkyo audio connection

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Danno,

Are you getting audio from the tx-sv525 via the tape out connection as you only mentioned the 806?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes I am. I wasn't clear below -- I unplugged the cable at the 806 that was coming from the 525, then plugged it into a boom box and got perfect audio, which proved I was getting a good signal from the tape out on the 525. I then thought that maybe the analog input I selected on the 806 wasn't working, so I chose an analog input on the 806 that I know works, and plugged the cable from the 525 into it, but still no audio. Thanks.

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Danno,

Are the audio assignments correct in the 806? In other words do you have them set to analog and not either optical, coax or HDMI? They would need to be set to all "- - - -" (Dashes).
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Yes, they are correct, all dashes as you indicate. I tested it on the 806 just to be sure, by using another analog input that works properly. I temporarliy plugged the cable from the 525 into it, and it still didn't work. Could there be some kind of voltage or impedience difference or something?

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Danno,

That is a possibility. One other thing, do you have the tape-2 monitor on when trying this?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you for hanging in there with me on this. I connected to "tape out" on the 525, so I did not turn on tape 2. The connection from the 525 works with the boom box, just not with the 806, so "tape 2" doesn't matter, it appears... Just in case this may be an issue, I tried turning on tape 2, and it made no difference. I think there is something different between receivers, can you help?

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Sat May 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Still unable to ship audio from my 525 to the 806 as I described in this thread. Can you help?

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Danno,

Just to be clear on this as it is very simple setup, are you testing the 806 in that same analog input that you want the "525's audio to go to" using another device and if so do you get audio?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 pm

No, I didn't test this way, until you suggested it. Here's what I just now did:

I connected a CD player to the analog "game/tv" audio inputs on the 806. It worked, I got the expected audio. Then, I disconnected the CD and connected the cable from the 525 to the very same "game/tv" analog audio inputs on the 806 and got no audio. So then, I connected the cable from the 525 to a boom box, and it worked, I got the expected audio through the boom box from the 525.

I thought this would be a simple thing as well, but it's not working. Is there something different in the signal the 525 sends and the 806 expects to receive, or something else?

Thanks again for hanging in there with me on this puzzle. It's important in my situation that I make this work, so I really appreciate your help.

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi Danno,

It does appear to be some sort of impedance matching issue going here. As we proved both receivers are working fine so the only other conclusion is that it is some kind of signal loss or matching issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Tue May 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks again. Since you are Onkyo, will you be able to look up the specs on both receivers and see? Then, what can I do about it? Thanks for your help.

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi Danno,

Keep in mind that I can only give the specs in the manuals as I do not have access to a service manual.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 am

OK, but please, will you please advise how I may be able to solve this problem?

Danno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down