Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR709 & Sony BDP-BX 18 BluRay Player No video

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 & Sony BDP-BX 18 BluRay Player No video - Page 2 Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709 & Sony BDP-BX 18 BluRay Player No video

Post  laudou Tue May 22, 2012 5:08 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi laudou,

If you've already done a reset of the receiver then there is no need to do another one. At this point I would let a service center take a look at it.

I did a second receiver reset after reading the message from the French enduser who explained that a firmware upgrade and a receiver reset had solved the same problem as I am having with my new receiver. A short-lived miracle happened after the reset. I was able to watch a Blu-Ray disc through the HDMI connection of my AVR. However I lost the connection when I stopped the Blu-Ray player. Then I could see the picture from the player for a split second as the AVR was trying to match its own resolution with that of the player. I am sure that the problem is software related. As I said before the Bu-Ray player does not work with the HDMI input of the receiver no matter which input I use.

A word about the receiver reset: I followed your directions and I did see the word "clear" displayed on the receiver. I then had to press the "on" button. But I did not lose the speaker settings as you said I would. They were still correct after the reset. Does that mean that a complete reset did not take place?

I'm not going to take my receiver to a service center because it's a new receiver I bought about two weeks ago and the problem was present out of the box. I believe that some sort of firmware upgrade is necessary since I am not he only user stuck with this problem and since that same problem was soved for another end user with a firmware upgrade.

Thanks

laudou

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709 & Sony BDP-BX 18 BluRay Player No video - Page 2 Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709 & Sony BDP-BX 18 BluRay Player No video

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi laudou,

If you've only had it for 2 weeks as you say then depending on the dealers exchange you could have exchanged it with them. The only thing I can do is let our engineering department know of you issue and wait for a reply from them.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laudou Tue May 22, 2012 5:23 pm

If you've only had it for 2 weeks as you say then depending on the dealers exchange you could have exchanged it with them. The only thing I can do is let our engineering department know of you issue and wait for a reply from them.

It was purchased on April 29 and I received it on May 4. When I started exchanging email with Onkyo support I had had the receiver for about two weeks. As I said in my previous message I have no intention to take my AVR to a service center as I am sure they will not know how to fix the problem.

Thanks

laudou

Back to top Go down

Post  laudou Fri May 25, 2012 2:38 pm

laudou wrote:

It was purchased on April 29 and I received it on May 4. When I started exchanging email with Onkyo support I had had the receiver for about two weeks. As I said in my previous message I have no intention to take my AVR to a service center as I am sure they will not know how to fix the problem.

Thanks

Hi

Let me share the good news. The retailer I bought the receiver from was willing to replace my unit with a new one but he suggested I made sure I was using a version 1.4 (High speed) HDMI cable. That was the solution. MY AVR now sees my LG-Blu-Ray player. Conclusion: don't trust the cable supplied with the player.

Thanks for your help

laudou

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi laudou,

Something that simple can do it. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2