Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR709, How do I disable video output on audio only inputs

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709, How do I disable video output on audio only inputs Empty Onkyo TX-NR709, How do I disable video output on audio only inputs

Post  app94aj8 Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 pm

I have an Onkyo TX-NR709 and I would like to know if there is any way to setup the receiver to not turn the TV on on certain inputs? The TV is used for a lot of my inputs, but some are audio only (for example, I am using the PC input for a dobly digital input from my computer, but NO video). When I turn the receiver on and switch to an input for which I want only audio, it turns my TV on, and as soon as I turn my TV off, it turns the receiver off.

I do not wish to turn off the link from the TV back to the receiver so that I can control, for example, the blue ray player using the TV remote. How do I tell the receiver that some inputs have no video and therefore should not attempt to turn the TV on?

Thank you,
Jason

app94aj8

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR709, How do I disable video output on audio only inputs Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR709, How do I disable video output on audio only inputs

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:53 am

Hi app94aj8,

Unfortunately that would have to do with RIHD which is explained on page 58 of the manual. As you will see once this is set it is set for the whole receiver and not just one input.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down