Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No sound on TX-NR1007 AGAIN!

2 posters

Go down

No sound on TX-NR1007 AGAIN! Empty No sound on TX-NR1007 AGAIN!

Post  drapeaur Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 am

I had shipped my TX-NR1007 receiver to a service center back in Dec. 2011 based on this earlier post ( https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t80-intermittent-sound-output-problem-with-tx-nr1007?highlight=nr1007 ). My receiver was repaired.

Well, over the past few weeks it started having intermittent sound problems again just like last time so it obviously started making me nervous. Turn the receiver off/on once or twice, or unplug it and turn it on usually gets the audio to work again.

Well, this morning the receiver has decided to no longer produce sound - period. I tried many times to power it off/on, unplug, etc. but the receiver just won't play any sound. I have even done a factory "reset" on the receiver but this did not help. This is exactly what happened the last time. The receiver started acting up and over a period of time the sound disappeared altogether.

Of course, my receiver is out of warranty at this point - warranty ended in 01/2012. It cost me around $100 to have it shipped to the service center the last time, and I am willing to do that again. However, since this appears to be an obvious design issue with this receiver will Onkyo cover the repair costs?

Thank you.

drapeaur

Back to top Go down

No sound on TX-NR1007 AGAIN! Empty Re: No sound on TX-NR1007 AGAIN!

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi drapeaur,

Was this done under the "one time" repair? Have you contacted the service center that repaired it to see if they could assist you with this?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  drapeaur Fri May 04, 2012 6:20 pm

No this was done under warranty...not the one time repair. I did get a hold of someone at the service center today. They told me they would repair it under the one time repair and they had me send them an email with the information they needed. I have not heard back yet, but I should hear something back soon.

drapeaur

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi drapeaur,

Actually you should have sent information not to the service center but to us so we could authorize the repair. We would need the following information from you in order to process this further:
Keep in mind that it may take up to 5 business days for an email response.

Thank you,

Name, address, phone number
Email address (If you have one)
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823
Or email them at:
parts@us.onkyo.com
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down