Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 HDMI blinking picture

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI blinking picture Empty TX-NR609 HDMI blinking picture

Post  js2000 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,

I have a problem when hooking up my PC to my NR609 through HDMI. What happens it that the picture turns black for 2 seconds every 5-10 seconds. It's standard 1920x1080 60Hz which works fine both directly to my computer screens and my TV. It's only when going through the AVR this is happening. I have changed sources, cables, settings etc and have no clue how to contrinue troubleshooting this. Please help me.

Br

Johan

Last edited by js2000 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed HTML to HDMI :))

js2000

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI blinking picture Empty Re: TX-NR609 HDMI blinking picture

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi js2000,

Are you trying to play movies through the PC? Do other functions of the PC work video-wise or is this happening on everything?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  js2000 Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi,

This is happening on everything.

Br

Johan

js2000

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi Johan,

If this is happening on let's say a regular blue ray player then I would say there may be an issue with the unit but you only mentioned your PC as it could be HDCP or EDID on your PC that could be causing this. Have you tried to test it with any other devices?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fellfrosch Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 pm

another option to diagnose whats causing the issue is to double check your video card drivers are up to date. If you need to update them, make sure you do so from the card types (chipset manufacturer) website, not the brand (get the drivers from nvidia.com or ati.com, not from the card manufacturer like gigabyte or msi or if its part of a pre-assembled pc then the brand of the pc). sometimes this can be the cause of the issue, however I'm leaning toward junk hdmi parts in the unit as the culprit... (I'm having/had similar issues).

edit: Sorry, just saw you said its doing it on everything. in that case, how long, and what version is the hdmi cable that connects the receiver to your tv? If you cant find a version then look on the outer coating. if it still doesn't say 1.x (x being version number 2-4), then at least see if it says the awg size.
When i had this issue happen to me everything was great. watched a movie, went to bed, woke up and turned on the tv and receiver and bam! same issue you have. spent hours diagnosing it and ONLY thing i got to fix it is buying a newer, better quality and shorter hdmi cord to connect it to the tv... so now my 2 in-wall cables are useless... I'm starting to wonder if the receiver fried the cables...

Last edited by fellfrosch on Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

fellfrosch

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi fellfrosch,

Thank you for the suggestion. If you are having similar issues then I would suggest having a service center evaluate it for you. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support. Service centers have the necessary equipment to accurately determine the cause.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down