Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor

2 posters

Go down

Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor Empty Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor

Post  bbells Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Just hooked my new TX-8050. The sound is great and it is very versatile. But I have a couple questions/problems:
1) I get no video from the "Monitor" output. Does anyone know when and what I need to be doing to get monitor video? I have tried all the modes - USB, Tuner, Setup, etc. Not even a flicker. I tested the cable with another mode (bd/dvd) and it worked there, so I know the cable is hooked up right and I am using the right input on the TV.
2) I get no sound or video from the vcr/dvr input with the mode set to vcr/dvd. I know the cables are hooked up to the TV right since I get video and sound when I move the cables over to bd/dvd, and switch the mode to bd/dvd. Aren't I supposed to get video via vcr/dvr? Any ideas what I can do?
3) UWF-1. This only works when my wireless router is sitting right on top of the stereo. Anywhere else and the status says 28%. It appears anything less than 99% means no wireless. Is this normal to have such minimal range? My laptop picks up the signal throughout the house. Mu computer in the barn has no problems and it is 300 feet away (but I did put an extended antenna on it).
So, any help would be appreciated. Onkyo has not responded to my email and it has been a week now.
Thanks for any help!

bbells

Back to top Go down

Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor Empty Re: Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor

Post  bbells Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh, I should also add that I get no video from the UP-A1 ipod dock. Music is fine. No video menu appears at all - This is on the receiver display, not the TV since I have no TV for anything via the monitor port.. The Onkyo manuals are pretty worthless, aren't they?

bbells

Back to top Go down

Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor Empty Re: Tx-8050 No video from VCR/DVR and Monitor

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi bbells,

I apologize for the delay. You say that if you connect a device into the bd/dvd you get video fine correct but all other "inputs" do not work?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbells Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 pm

No.
I get no sound or video from the vcr/dvr input with the mode set to vcr/dvd. I know the cables are hooked up to the TV right since I get video and sound when I move the cables over to bd/dvd, and switch the mode to bd/dvd. Aren't I supposed to get video via vcr/dvr? Any ideas what I can do?

bbells

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi bbells,

Yes you should get video. Have you configured this on the devices end to output analog?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down