Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers

4 posters

Go down

REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers Empty REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers

Post  ssybesma Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Hello Onkyo Support,

Two Internet Radio services that appear on your receivers became defunct in the past 5 months on the TX-NR808:

Napster merged with Rhapsody...

"Rhapsody to Acquire Napster ... The transaction is expected to close on or around November 30, 2011."

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=244152&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1612867&highlight=

Mediafly shut down OnAir...

"An important update about OnAir ... Effective March 31, 2012, Mediafly will be shutting down OnAir and OnAir-related apps."

http://www.mediafly.com/2011/12/an-important-update-about-onair/

=====

As a result, 2 of the 7 choices we used to have are gone and what is left is less representatve of the more popular choices out there now.

Some suggestions to replace those two that I hope to see added on the next firmware udpate. (Would like to see most of these added if possible.)

8tracks (free, with option to subscribe)
iHeartRadio (free)
Jango (free)
Last.FM (free, with option to subscribe)
Radio.com (free)
Spotify (free, with option to subscribe)
TuneIn (free)

ALSO, can you add at least 20 more station presets to the TV interface (two more pages) and the Preset Internet Radio webpage (one more page)?

40 more wouldn't be a bad idea. Services like DirecTV and Comcast offer closer to 100 music channels alone, so being able to select from 100 presets seems like an appropriate number.

As well, if you can remove the two defunct services from the customer_setting webpage and add the new ones (including vTuner which I notice was never there).

I know, I'm putting you guys to work...sorry! Neutral

Thanks,

Steve

ssybesma

Back to top Go down

REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers Empty Re: REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your suggestion it will be forwarded to the proper department. Thanks for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers Empty I would like to request IHeart Radio be added to my tx-nr609

Post  sailorbear Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 pm

I too would like to request the iHeart Radio be added to my tx-nr609 receiver. I'm sure lots of other people would like to request this as well judging the number of times this thread has been viewed.

Thanks,

Todd

sailorbear

Back to top Go down

REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers Empty Re: REQUEST for new Internet Radio services to replace defunct Mediafly & Napster on one-year & older receivers

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi sailorbear,

Our product development department will be made aware of your request. Thank you for your suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coxie2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:04 pm

How about SKY.fm.

coxie2

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Forum Guests,
We thank you for your suggestions and we will forward them to the correct department. However, please be aware that our products are developed in Japan and this forum is only run by the US Division. With that said, we are happy to send the requests along and we're excited that you are excited about our products. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down