Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyp TX-SR602: Optical Sound Problems

2 posters

Go down

Onkyp TX-SR602: Optical Sound Problems Empty Onkyp TX-SR602: Optical Sound Problems

Post  basilg Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:13 pm

I recently purchased a Samsung 64" Plasma with a pretty basic Polk Surround 5.1 System. I bought all HDMI cables and also the optical audio cables. I want to hook up my cable[Comcast], my Samsung 3D/DVD player and TV to the receiver because the TV sounds is awful. Can anyone walk me through how to do this/which cables go to which ports and how do you configure the digital audio ports?

Also, I was thinking of getting a universal remote--can i just use the Onkyo one for it or would a Logitech be fine? My goal is to just make it real simple for my wife and kids with one remote when I'm not home. Thanks.

basilg

Back to top Go down

Onkyp TX-SR602: Optical Sound Problems Empty Re: Onkyp TX-SR602: Optical Sound Problems

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi basilg,

If you plan on playing 3D movies through your TX-SR602 it will not play as this receiver does not have the correct version of HDMI which is 1.4. Also it is recommended to have a high speed 1080p HDMI cable.
But as you know the TX-Sr602 does not have any HDMI so I would suggest that you use the receiver for audio.

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down