Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem Empty Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem

Post  justin666 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:34 am

Hi everyone im pulling my hair out - ive got my new system set up and all is well apart from my normal SKY + box (NOT the HD ONE!!)

ive got it connected to the amp via optical and theres sound coming through it but problem is the amp only outputs it as "all channel stereo" even if a film has dolby digital in it, no matter what I watch everything is all channel stereo when you press the info it says 2.0 PCM into all chan stereo even if a film broadcasts in dolby digital

Ive followed all sorts of guides to make sure its connected correctly and I think it is I just dont know what to try next

The sky box is set to optical sound dolby digital so thats fine the amp ive set the PC HDMI port to pair with the optical 1 and set it to optical only so thats working as I have sound (remember the amp doesn't control the picture for my sky+ box)

on the other hand my PS3 is changing the different modes on my amp fine

Any other ideas about my sky box?

Thanks

justin666

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi justin666,

That is the signal being sent. Please make sure that the source can handle Dolby and is able output it to the receiver as with your PS3 the amp will change to whatever signal is coming in.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 optical sound to normal SKy + box problem

Post  justin666 Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi the sky + box has the dolby digital setting so it can handle it

Ive done some more tests today

Ive connected my ps3 using the optical cable and changed the amp to use optical sound, now the weird thing is that on the ps3 normal home screen menus it says all channel stereo where as before using HDMI it said Multi channel but when I play a film it picks the correct sound so its sort of working

now why would the menu suddenly not change to multi channel like the hdmi does

this problem has got me baffled my sky box should be sending out dolby digital on films with it on but it stays on all channel stereo

has anyone got there sky box connected to the same amp as mine and what does it pick for sound

Thanks

justin666

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi justin666,

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the Sky + box for support? If our receiver is working properly on all other sources and inputs this leads me to believe there may be a setting or configuration on their unit that needs to be adjusted.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down