Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tx-nr609 speaker connection

2 posters

Go down

Tx-nr609 speaker connection Empty Tx-nr609 speaker connection

Post  sdumin Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 am

Just installed a tx-nr609, connecting to a set of Bose satellite w/ subwoofer, they are the older ones that hook up via a L & R wire set, given the speaker connection options, should I hook them to the front L & R speaker outputs or is there a better output option to get better performance?

I also heard I can adjust speaker output levels? If I connect to the front L & R, can I boost power to this output to improve performance? Question

sdumin

Back to top Go down

Tx-nr609 speaker connection Empty Re: Tx-nr609 speaker connection

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi sdumin,

If you have the older Bose speakers that require the tape-2 monitor for connection then it will not work on the newer Onkyo products as they do not have this input.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdumin Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Thx for the reply. The speakers connect using a Left/Right wire set that goes into the subwoofer, then the subwoofer feeds the left/right satellite speakers. Just like hooking up a Left/Right house speaker set. I'm just trying to find out what the best output option is or if I have to get a whole new speaker set? I have connected the speakers and they work, but the volume level is low compared to my last receiver where they were connected directly to a L/R output.

sdumin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi sdumin,

Those speakers may need a separate AMP to drive them and that's why the audio is coming in so low. That is the issue with older models receivers and the new model receivers unfortunately.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down