Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No audio on TX-SR601 receiver

2 posters

Go down

No audio on TX-SR601 receiver Empty No audio on TX-SR601 receiver

Post  redwrangler Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 pm

TX-SR601 receiver. I have this receiver hooked to a Sharp 60" Quartron 3D TV, a Sharp Blu-ray player and a Direct TV DVR receiver. I use optical audio cables from the TV and the Blu-ray player to my Onkyo receiver and HDMI cables from each unit to the TV. I used this same set-up for years with my prior TV and never had a problem. With my new TV it worked fine for a month. Now when I turn on my TV & my Onkyo receiver, most times the speakers don't come on from anywhere from 30 to more than 60 seconds. Sometimes, like today, the center speaker takes longer to come on. The other day one of the surround speakers didn't come on - today it's working fine. What's up?????

redwrangler

Back to top Go down

No audio on TX-SR601 receiver Empty Re: No audio on TX-SR601 receiver

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi redwrangler,

It could be several things that it could be such as HDCP for the HDMI, bad cables or corrupt firmware. Have you tried a reset of the unit yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VIDEO1/VCR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not resolve the issue then the unit will need to be further evaluated by a service center. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down