Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update

2 posters

Go down

NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update Empty NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update

Post  RD@VA Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I just received my TX-NR709 yesterday and have been setting it up. I hooked up the UWF-1 Wifi dongle and I was presented with an onscreen display to setup automatically or manually the wireless network. I set up everything and then I proceeded to do a firmware update via the wireless network. Everything went smoothly and I had the completed message on the front of the receiver. I powered it off and powered it back on and now when I go to USB mode, I get no on screen display - only on the front panel. Also, I have noticed that if I press the receiver button on remote and press the Setup, I still get no display. The only way to get a display is press the NET button on remote upon which I am presented the list of internet radios and then I can go to Receiver and press Setup to get the OSD. I also did a factory reset via the VCR/DVR and power button but now had to set the UWF-1 through the front panel as I still got the exact same results. Is this a bug introduced in the firmware or something else went wrong? Appreciate your response.

RD@VA

Back to top Go down

NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update Empty Quick Update regarding iPod on USB

Post  RD@VA Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:55 pm

So I disconnected the USB Wireless dongle and replaced it with an iPod on the USB and I could see on the front panel it was telling me to press the Mode button for extended options. I pressed it and I can now have control of Playlists etc. via the Front Panel. I still have no Display on my screen for the iPod and the same results when I press the Reciever button and then setup, the onscreen display will not apprear until I press NET and wait for that screen to appear and then press receiver and setup for the screen to appear. This seems to be a bug in the firmware.

RD@VA

Back to top Go down

NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update Empty Re: NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi RD@VA,
I have given your question to an associate and they will look into it for you. I will get back to you asap, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update Empty Re: NR709 USB On Screen Display gone after Dec 20 firmware update

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi RD@VA,
Please try to do the latest firmware update to see if that corrects the issue with the UWF-1. Also, does your TV have some sort of HDMI Control Function? Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RD@VA Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

The latest firmware is what caused the problem. I have it connected to a projector and there is no settings for HDMI. As I said when I got the receiver, the original firmware displayed the picture fine on the USB Mode but after updating to the latest firmware, there is no picture on USB Mode.

RD@VA

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi RD@VA,
Have you tried to reset the unit? If not that is the next step in troubleshooting. Please read our blog post on the subject to learn about how to do a reset as well as all the important information you need to know: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/ Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RD@VA Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:24 pm

If you read my first comment, I had mentioned that I had done a factory reset via the VCR/DVR and power button twice and it made no difference. I have since then returned the UWF-1 and using the USB port for iPod but I still get no display on HDMI when on USB mode even though I do have extended mode enabled.

RD@VA

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi RD@VA,
I am sorry we did not remember that you mentioned the reset earlier, we get a lot of posts on here. We also want to make sure we way all our options before deciding the unit needs to be repaired. Since you purchased the unit yesterday We recommend trying to exchange it for a new one. You may also send it to an authorized service center for warranty service on the unit. You have two options to obtain service:
1. Contact a service center directly, to locate a service center near you read our blog post on how to do so: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/locating-an-authorized-service-center-or-dealer/
2. You can contact our parts and services department for assistance in receiving a repair: (201) 785-2600, option 4 They are here monday-friday 9am-5pm
Thank you for contacting Product Support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RD@VA Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Thank you! I will exchange the unit. So you are absolutely sure this is not a problem with the firmware since the unit was working fine just before the update.

RD@VA

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:13 am

You're welcome, We have not heard of anyone else having an issue with the firmware. We hope you enjoy your new unit when you receive it. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down