Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub?

2 posters

Go down

TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub? Empty TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub?

Post  02Lightning Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I tried hooking my lap top up to the video on the back of the reciever and couldn't get video? Anyone have any luck with this? If I hook the cable straight to the TV it works, just not through the AVR.

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub? Empty Re: TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub?

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi 02Lightning,

Do you have the receiver connected to your TV with an HDMI cable from the D-sub in on the back of the unit? Also have you made sure that you have all "-----" selected in the HDMI input on the receiver and made sure you are on the correct input source on the TV?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub? Empty Re: TX-NV1009, No lap top video through D-sub?

Post  02Lightning Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi 02Lightning,

Do you have the receiver connected to your TV with an HDMI cable from the D-sub in on the back of the unit? Also have you made sure that you have all "-----" selected in the HDMI input on the receiver and made sure you are on the correct input source on the TV?

I have the reciever connected to the TV with HDMI from the HDMI main out. Then the computer connected to the PC in, for sound I was connted to the RCA R&L. But I did not check "-----", but I was correct on the input sorce for the TV because everything else works on that input.

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi 02Lightning,

So you're saying that everything else works fine through the receiver except the PC? Have you tried different HDMI ports on the back of the unit to see if they work or not?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  02Lightning Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 pm

So you're saying that everything else works fine through the receiver except the PC? Have you tried different HDMI ports on the back of the unit to see if they work or not?

Correct, I've run into no other problems except for the video on the PC. And no, I have not tried a different HDMI port on the back because the computer is a D-sub out going to a D-sub on the receiver. I would have to buy an adaptor for that.

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi 02Lightning,

We've tested this time and again in our lab using the D-sub cable and it works every time. Is it possible that there is some sort of configuration setting in your laptop that needs to be changed?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  02Lightning Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

We've tested this time and again in our lab using the D-sub cable and it works every time. Is it possible that there is some sort of configuration setting in your laptop that needs to be changed?
Maybe, but doubtful if I use the same plug and plug it directly into the TV, bypassing the reciever it will work?

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post  02Lightning Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Ok, I double checked and my HDMI in and it is set at "-----", but what should the Componet Video input be set at? Still not getting video but I am getting audio.

02Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi 02Lightning,

It can be set to anything as it has nothing to do with it outputting via HDMI. Try resetting the unit and retry. If this does not resolve it and you still believe it is the receiver then you may take/send to a service center. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down