Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809

3 posters

Go down

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809 Empty Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809

Post  watchmavin Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:41 am

I would like to save all the customization setting performed through the SETUP menu, including Audyssey calibration, on a USB drive. I believe that this is an important feature to have so if a receiver's firmware is updated, or the receiver is repaired/ replaced, its the configuration setting can readily be restored. It would also be possible to save and restore the receiver's configuration from via the web access page.

watchmavin

Back to top Go down

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809 Empty Re: Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 am

Hi watchmavin,
It is not possible to save these settings on a usb drive. We recommend that you write them down and keep them in a safe place for future reference. Thank you for being an Onkyo Customer!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809 Empty Reply with quote Re: Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809

Post  watchmavin Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:53 am

I know that it is not possible to save these setting at the present time. This feature should be included in future firmware update because most customers, I believe, would like to have it. Please forward this suggestion to the Onkyo product engineering or Marketing department in Japan. Thank you

watchmavin

Back to top Go down

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809 Empty Re: Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

Hi watchmavin,
We will forward this information to the right department. Thank you for your suggestion!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Saving and restoring (backup) setup setting on TX-NR809 Empty I agree

Post  mgause Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 pm

This would be especially important when firmware updates are done. I have spent hours configuring my receiver, only to have them all undone by an update. A method to save an update would be extremely helpful.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi mgause,

Agreed, but keep in mind that the new firmware we just came out with resets everything so even if you were able to save your settings this update would erase them anyway.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down