Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers

2 posters

Go down

More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers Empty More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers

Post  tntkarcher Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:26 pm

When powered zone 2 is set to yes, it turns off the back surround speakers. When you turn off Zone 2, how do I turn the back surround, back on?

Also I have read in the manual that if I want to keep 7.1 in the main room and be able to play music on zone 2 speakers I need another reciever/ integrated Amp.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another reciever/ integrated amp to power speakers on Zone 2?

V/r

tntkarcher

Back to top Go down

More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers Empty Re: More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi tntkarcher,

In order to assist you further we would need to know what the model number of your receiver is. This information can be located on the bottom right in the front of the unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers Empty Re: More details on zone 2 and back surround speakers

Post  tntkarcher Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Its the Onkyo TX-NR609

tntkarcher

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi tntkarcher,

Unfortunately that is the way the receivers were designed when using a powered zone-2 as it states on page 46 under the notes section in the manual.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tntkarcher Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:29 pm

can you recommend a mini/ power amp, so I can still have 7.1 in my main room and still be able to use zone 2

tntkarcher

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi tntkarcher,

You could go with our M-282 amp, other then that I would go to your local electronics retail outlet and inquire.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down