Multi zone reverb fix for tiny house w/ 2 zone ceiling speakers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Multi zone reverb fix for tiny house w/ 2 zone ceiling speakers?

Post  flyingf4i on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Hello,

I am looking for some help in adjusting the setting on my TX-SR507 receiver to fix the reverb effect I am getting from main zone and zone 2 speakers while playing from the same source (ie both zones set to the same TV program). The speakers I am using are 2-Way Dual Voice Coil In-Ceiling Speakers.

Previously I had my satellite (DishTV) and dvd player hooked up as non-HD (no HDMI cables used). In this setup I was able to adjust the response between the two zones so that there was no "reverb" while walking from room to room. This weekend, I upgraded my satelite & dvd to HD, thus connecting them via HDMI. Per the manual (as I understood it), I then ran RCA cables from each output source into the receiver so I had sound for the zone 2. Everything is working as I want but I don't seem to be able to make adjustments to the sound output for the main and zone 2 speakers to level out the reverb effect I now have while playing the same input source over both zones.

Before I had hooked up my equipment I was able to make adjustments to the setting on the receiver so that there was no reverb while walking around the house. For some reason I don't seam to be able to set the sound output as I did previously before I added the HDMI hookups. I feel I am obviously overlooking something but I can't put my finger on it.

I've included a schematic of my house w/ dimensions, I thought this may be helpful if anyone has any ideas for settings on the receiver to avoid the reverb I am dealing with currently. Thanks in advance. Smile

flyingf4i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Multi zone reverb fix for tiny house w/ 2 zone ceiling speakers?

Post  dbiersmith on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

From what I know.. you are trying to get audio for 3 areas- although the POWERED ZONE 2 only works with 2 speakers.. you might need another amp to do this.

dbiersmith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingf4i on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 am

dbiersmith wrote:From what I know.. you are trying to get audio for 3 areas- although the POWERED ZONE 2 only works with 2 speakers.. you might need another amp to do this.

Thank you for the response. The speakers that I have wired are connected in a 2 zone format. The speakers in the living room / dining room area are the main zone and the speakers in the bath / kithchen / bedroom are the zone 2 speakers. Hopefully this explains it more clearly. Smile

Before I upgraded to HD and utilized HDMI cables for these connections, I was able to select a setting that did not produce a reverb effect that I am currently getting. It is my understanding that by using HDMI cables, there maybe some audio modes that the HDMI cable will deliver that ordinary digital or analog connections cannot. I am thinking that this maybe part of the problem, I just am looking for the correct setting on my receiver to take all of this into account. Basically before I hooked up my a/v equipment w/ HDMI cables, I was able to accomplish this. It's a puzzler but I am sure that there is a solution.
flyingf4i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  d6500k on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 am

Try the voice sync on the hdmi input and set the delay there for the mains.

You might have to deal with a slight lip sync issue when viewing your display but perhaps for music at least, it may solve the problem. Hope so anyway. Chances are that the digital signal is just a tad speedier than the analog. Or the other way around....

Doug k

d6500k

View user profile http://www.6500kcalibrations.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingf4i on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 am

d6500k wrote:Try the voice sync on the hdmi input and set the delay there for the mains.

You might have to deal with a slight lip sync issue when viewing your display but perhaps for music at least, it may solve the problem. Hope so anyway. Chances are that the digital signal is just a tad speedier than the analog. Or the other way around....

Doug k

Thanks for the response Doug and thanks for the tip. I will try that when I get home and post a response. Very Happy
flyingf4i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingf4i on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

flyingf4i wrote:
d6500k wrote:Try the voice sync on the hdmi input and set the delay there for the mains.

Doug k

Thanks for the response Doug and thanks for the tip. I will try that when I get home and post a response. Very Happy

Doug,

I ended up changing the adjustment to 0 m/s response while also selecting theater dimensional. This I think is going to be as close as I can get to how I had the adjusted before HD to avoid reverb.. Thank you for taking the time to provide the tip.

Sincerely,

flyingf4i santa
flyingf4i

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm

PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORUM SITE WILL BE DEACTIVATED AND WILL PREVENT YOU FROM POSTING MESSAGES. WE ADVISE YOU TO REGISTER ONTO OUR NEW FORUM SITE: http://forums.onkyousa.com/ WITH YOUR EMAIL, MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR RECEIVER. AS WE WILL NO LONGER REVIEW THIS FORUM EFFECTIVE TODAY.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top