Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR609 Switching to Analog

2 posters

Go down

NR609 Switching to Analog Empty NR609 Switching to Analog

Post  keculver Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:42 pm

I have my game assigned to Xbox360 and PS3. Whenever I change to Game and either PS3 or Xbox360, HDMI works fine including audio. When I change back to TV via Cbl/Sat, the receiver resets to analog and I have to power the receiver off and back on in order for it to give me audio via HDMI.

Is there something in configuration I need to check?

keculver

Back to top Go down

NR609 Switching to Analog Empty Re: NR609 Switching to Analog

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

Hi keculver,
I'm going to ask you to try a factory reset on the unit to see if that corrects the issue you are having. Here is our blog post with all the information you need to know about a reset including how to do it: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/
Please keep us posted and thank you for contacting Product Support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NR609 Switching to Analog Empty Still no go

Post  keculver Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 am

Resetting the receiver did not correct the issue. I did discover that the failure to switch back to HDMI/Digital occurs with all other devices. I switched to DVD and when I switched back to Sat/Cbl, the HDMI led flashed several times followed by 'digital' then it went to analog. I had to power off the receiver to get sound via HDMI.

I sure hope this is a configuration issue. I got this receiver at a very good price and would hate to have that eaten up with shipping charges! I've only had this receiver for about 90 days.

One other thing that is strange and may shed light on this is that all of my devices are HDMI. I have nothing that is using analog except My DVD recorder where I use Composite video and analog audio for recording.

keculver

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am

Hi keculver,

Do you know if your TV has any kind of HDMI control or CEC function on it, if so try and turn it off and see test it to see what happens.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

NR609 Switching to Analog Empty Problem discovered to be Xbox3690 related.

Post  keculver Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks much for your suggestion. I tried toggling a few of the HDMI related setting but this had no effect. I did discover that this problem might be related to my Xbox. I switched to my Play Station 3 and the receiver correctly stayed at HDMI after switching back to Cbl/Sat! I thought this behavior was happening with the PS3 as well but apparently not. My apologies for misleading. If its Xbox related as it appears, I'll just resolve to reset the receiver after switching from the Xbox. I'll also Google this to see if anyone else is having the same issue and check to see if there are any settings on the Xbox regarding HDMI/Analog settings. Thanks again for the suggestions.

keculver

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi keculver,

Glad to hear you've "almost" resolved your issue. Please let us know what you find out on the Xbox settings side and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down