Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources

2 posters

Go down

tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources Empty tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources

Post  seedubs Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Hello,

I have two HDMI sources hooked up to my TX-NR509, a Tivo Premier and a PS3. Whenever I switch sources, the picture comes up, but the sound goes silent. I then either have to restart the AVR or go to Setup --> option 8 Source Setup-->Audio Selector-->and toggle HDMI to analog back to HDMI. Sometimes that option doesn't work and I still have to restart the AVR and the sound resumes.

I also have optical out from my TV and it is routed to Optical 1 and TV/CD on the AVR. I use it to watch Netflix from my Smart TV. However, the sound only comes through the receiver if it's the first thing I do upon turning on the AVR. If I watch Tivo first or play PS3 first, the sound never loads through the optical.

I have the latest firmware and have reset the unit twice now. Is there a trick to it? What am I missing?

Thanks!

seedubs

Back to top Go down

tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources Empty Re: tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources

Post  seedubs Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:15 am

I think this got buried by the other threads over the weekend. Any ideas?

seedubs

Back to top Go down

tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources Empty Re: tx-nr-509 Losing HDMI sound when switching sources

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi seedubs,

Since you've done several factory resets and it still did not resolve the issue the only suggestion I have is to let an authorized service center evaluate that for you. Or if you are within your dealers exchange period you may contact them for an exchange. Authorized service centers are on our website at www.onkyousa.com under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  seedubs Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:33 pm

I've found a bit of a workaround. I've disabled Anynet+, the HDMI-CEC on my Samsung TV. I was hesitant to do so because I like the power on feature, where powering on or off the TV does same to the AV receiver. I was able to simulate this with the standard Tivo remote by entering the same remote code (1177) for TV On/Off as I had for Volume Up/Down/Mute. The other thing I've lost is automatic source switching, but I'm looking into a similar fix for that.

One question I hope you might still be able to answer is, is there any way to force-check the HDMI sound? I believe that's what I've done by going to Setup --> 8. Source Setup--> Audio Selector--> and toggling HDMI. But I was hoping there was a single-button-way of doing so with the Onkyo remote. Is there?

seedubs

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi seedubs,

Unfortunately that is the only way you can do it at this time.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down