Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R390 HDMI audio issue

2 posters

Go down

HT-R390 HDMI audio issue Empty HT-R390 HDMI audio issue

Post  scooter13 Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm

I recently bought this receiver/speaker combo through amazon and things were going great until...one day my tv went into sleep mode while watching cable. I "woke" it up and the video returned but there was no audio. I turned sleep mode off in my tv settings and then I did a factory reset on the receiver, changed hdmi cables, used different hdmi inputs and could not resolve the issue. I ended up bypassing the receiver and running the cable feed straight into the tv. The next day I plugged the cable box back into the receiver and it worked again. This issue of video without audio occurs randomly a couple times per month and has become an annoyance. I have not had this problem with my blu-ray or dvd viewing. Any suggestions?

scooter13

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 HDMI audio issue Empty Re: HT-R390 HDMI audio issue

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:30 am

Hi scooter13,
It sounds as if the unit needs to be serviced. Please contact our parts and service department for assistance: 201-785-2600 option 4. Email: parts@us.onkyo.com. They are here Monday-Friday 9-5. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down