Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR609 looses sound quailty

2 posters

Go down

TX NR609 looses sound quailty Empty TX NR609 looses sound quailty

Post  almyers05 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:10 pm

While watching TV and listening to music I notice the sounds quality drops off some.. Hard to explain but I have the listen mode set to Dolby D (All Stereo) and sound coming from my speakers sounds muffled. I can still here it coming out of the speakers but it is really low. But when I change the channel to a different station it is back to normal. At first it was only happening while watching sports but I have notice while listening to internet ready (NET) as well. Please explain why this is happening.. (I have already updated my frimware as soon as I purchased the reciever..) Any help is greatly appreciated...

almyers05

Back to top Go down

TX NR609 looses sound quailty Empty Re: TX NR609 looses sound quailty

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi almyers05,

Do you have the listening mode preset to output Dolby D all the time? If so, not all listening modes are available all the time so you may be hearing audio loss. Have you tried it with a movie that was created in Dolby D and if so how does that sound?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX NR609 looses sound quailty Empty TX NR609 looses sound quailty

Post  almyers05 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

No I have the preset set at "Last Valid" setting.. But as stated when watching sports or music I loose sound quality..(sound dropouts) The bass is no longer there. I checked all my connections too..I have to change the mode back and forth for it to come back.. What is the suggested mode for watching TV? I have Att Uverse HD. I also changed the audio settings on the uverse set top box Digital Audio Output -> Surround Sound..Should i change this back to stereo?

almyers05

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi almyers05,

Have you contacted AT&T uverse support on this issue? I did some research on this and it seems that a lot of people are this issue? Just a suggestion.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down