Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new TX-NR609 No Sound at all

2 posters

Go down

Brand new TX-NR609 No Sound at all Empty Brand new TX-NR609 No Sound at all

Post  jpoff Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 pm

I just got my new Onkyo setup and I have no sound.
I only have 2 front speakers at the moment, but cannot get any sound at all unless I do HDMI pass through.
This forum is my last resort....Any help would be appreciated. Does it require at least 3 speakers?

jpoff

Back to top Go down

Brand new TX-NR609 No Sound at all Empty Re: Brand new TX-NR609 No Sound at all

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi jpoff,

With just two speakers connected you will need to set the listening mode to either "stereo" or "All CH ST" in order to hear any audio. Make sure that you have the volume up to at least 40 to 45.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jpoff Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Well, that did work. I had to turn it uup to 70 though.
I appreciate your help, but why do i have to turn the recievers volume up so loud?

thanks again.

jpoff

Back to top Go down

Post  jpoff Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:42 pm

it's not working again. Plugged in the USB wireless, turned it on, now no sound again.
Maybe it's time to send this back.

jpoff

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi jpoff,
In answer to your first reply, there are ways to reduce the level at which the volume is needed to be raised. You would simply use the "level calibration" or the "intellivolume". The level calibration can be found under the "speaker setup" off the main menu and the intellivolume can be found in the "source setup" off the main menu.
On your second question, have you tried a reset of the receiver yet? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If this does not work then the unit will either need to exchange at the dealer provided the policy of said dealer or taken/sent to an authorized service center for further evaluation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down