Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX- NR609 Sound issue

Go down

TX- NR609 Sound issue Empty TX- NR609 Sound issue

Post  YouremyboyBlu Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 am

My setup is a Panasonic st30 connected to the 609 via hdmi. Cable is hooked up to the 609 via HDMI and sound plays through the ht speakers while video is sent to the tv.

I purchased the receiver in at the beginning of April and have had no problems until now.

While watching cable this evening the sound just quit working. I immediately assumed it was my cable box and contacted my cable company. We determined that the box was not the issue since i was able to hook up a completely different cable box and have the same problem.

I have tested every connection and every cord. All the HDMI ports work even the one that the cable is hooked up to (i unplugged it and tested my ps3 in it, it worked fine).

I believe it has something to do with the type of signal my cable company is sending and the receiver's ability to process that signal.

Any ideas? Has anyone run into this issue?

To reiterate only the sound on cable will not work. PS3 sound works fine as does an separate DVD player.

YouremyboyBlu

Back to top Go down

TX- NR609 Sound issue Empty Re: TX- NR609 Sound issue

Post  YouremyboyBlu Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 pm

I have since contacted Onkyo who told me to reset the receiver by holding the VCR/DVR button and hitting power simultaneously. This resulted in the receiver not being able to play music via the ipod dock as well as the original issue of not playing sound from the cable box.
Additionally, while watching a blu ray today i lost sound in that too. Picture still works but no sound whatsoever.

YouremyboyBlu

Back to top Go down