Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchase of Part for TX-NR3008 by Non-Authorized Repair Facility

2 posters

Go down

Purchase of Part for TX-NR3008 by Non-Authorized Repair Facility Empty Purchase of Part for TX-NR3008 by Non-Authorized Repair Facility

Post  ronmanderson Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:54 pm

I purchased my Onkyo TX-NR3008 receiver in Aug. 2010. A little over a month ago, the receiver stopped working properly. I took it to a local reputable electronics repair facility here in Bend, OR for repair. After four weeks with no report of an estimate, I called and was advised that after repeated calls to Onkyo's NJ parts facility, with phone calls not being returned, the local repair facility believed that it might not be possible to order the part required to repair the receiver. I asked the local repair shop to let me try, and they advise that an HDMI PCB, Part # BAHDM-0157-1F was defective and should be replaced in my receiver. I called the Onkyo parts facility in New Jersey, and they returned my call several hours later to advise that they could not sell me the part or sell it to my local repair facility, since parts could only be provided to authorized repair facilities. The authorized service facility for my area is located in Huntington Beach, CA, over 750 miles away. Considering the cost for shipping this relatively heavy receiver to that facility, it seems much more reasonable for Onkyo to agree to sell the part to the local repair facility here in Bend, OR - even though it is not an authorized repair facility. If that is not possible, rest assured that I will not be buying another Onkyo product.

Ron

ronmanderson

Back to top Go down

Purchase of Part for TX-NR3008 by Non-Authorized Repair Facility Empty Re: Purchase of Part for TX-NR3008 by Non-Authorized Repair Facility

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi ronmanderson,

Our apologies that your receiver is not working correctly however, please understand this is clearly stated in our warranty policy that the unit must go to an authorized repair facility. If under warranty, we cover the parts and labor. We do not sell certain parts to unauthorized repair facilities as these repairs need to be done by qualified technicians that have been trained in our product as well as having access to our secure database and can email our engineers if they run into any problems.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down