Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808

2 posters

Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808

Post  Pedro the Swift Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 pm

My avr has just started to decrease the volume from my setting (last 24 hrs only, to my knowledge). I start it at 50 and then it slowly goes down to 0. All remotes have been removed from the room so it appears to be the Onkyo itself. I've only had the unit for about a month and the D. equaliser and D. volume have never been switched on (I'm still installing speakers; 2 more to go to a 5.1 system). Reading the manual, D. vol would appear to be the only thing likely to set a change in motion. Would you advise pls. I have not updated the firmware since purchase. That is next on my list but am loathe to do so just now due to this issue perhaps interfering. No settings on peripherals have been altered in the last 24 hrs.

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty ps to volume issue on my tx-nr808

Post  Pedro the Swift Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I did a factory reset and the problem still occurs. In addition I note that the Master Volume on the unit does not respond either. This is the first time I've tried the master volume as I have always used the remote for volume changes.

Pls - any assist

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Re: Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Peter,

This sounds like it may be an issue with the receiver. Please contact our product support department at 1-800-229-1687 option number 3 for further instructions with your issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Looking for support

Post  Pedro the Swift Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 am

Hi, thank you for your previous reply. I didn't mention it earlier but I live in Brisbane, Australia. I did try and phone your number during your office hours but you had a holiday on Monday and on Tuesday I only got as far as the recorded message. I didn't stay on for long as it is expensive. Would you be able to have the appropriate support people contact me by email at the address in my profile.

I know this may take a bit longer but the unit in question still provides entertainment despite the issues it exhibits.

Thank you

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Re: Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Peter,
Where did you purchase your unit?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Purchase

Post  Pedro the Swift Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi, I purchased it locally in Brisbane from Sunnybank HiFi.

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Furthermore

Post  Pedro the Swift Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 am

I found this at another site OnkyoUSA (I don't know if that is yours or not).

Models: TX-NR708, TX-NR709, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, PR-SC5508, HT-RC270, HT-RC370

If your receiver of the above mentioned models experiences the following : Listening modes automatically change one after another. When this problem occurs most commands will not be accepted.

Please contact our Product Support Department at (800) 229-1687, option 3, to confirm that this issue exists in your receiver. If the issue exists you will be given further direction on how to have it serviced.

***This issue will be handled for you even if you are out of warranty (this only applies to US and Canada).***

(09/16/11)
endquote

My problem sounds like this; especially as mine has extended its issues to the following:
1) The source switches automatically through vcr to cab to dock and back again (why dock I don't know, never used such a thing)

2) Remote use receives no response at receiver

3) Master Volume no response

4) vcr, cab buttons no response although hitting standby button invokes factory reset

5) Unit switches it self off and on

6) Now almost unusable, problems recur too frequently now

Hope to hear from you soon

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 am

Hi Peter,
Yes, that is a press release from us, but we are Onkyo USA and you purchased this unit in Australia. Here is a service center that may be able to help you out located in Australia, but unfortunately, we only deal with the US and Canada here: http://www.intl.onkyo.com/support/local_support/australia.html I hope this link helps you out. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Volume decreases by itself - tx-nr808 Empty Just one more

Post  Pedro the Swift Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Ok for that. However, I would like to know the nature of the fix pls. Some detail on software/hardware/replacement method used to fix the issue. I think that info would be of use to me from here on in, dealing with local support.

Thanks

Peter

Pedro the Swift

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Peter,
I am, unfortunately, not a technican so I do not know the answer to your question. Product Support is meant to troubleshoot the issues, we don't actually go into the hardware of the receiver. Also internal specs may vary from country to country. Since the information in the link I gave you is an authorized service center they should be able to help you out with all the information you need. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down