Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA

4 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA

Post  jzzimprov Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I've had my Tx-nr709 for about a week now and I love it, and I was able to use all of the networking services including vtuner radio, Spotify, Lastfm and DLNA (streaming from my networked laptop) etc. but now when I try to connect with DLNA I get a "no server" error even though I'm still able to use all of the other services. I'm not sure what could have changed for this to happen.

jzzimprov

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty Re: TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi jzzimprov,

Have you recently done any firmware updates to any devices that you have connected?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty TX-NR709 "NO SERVER" ERROR WITH DLNA

Post  jzzimprov Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have an update on my problem. Last night I tried to use the DLNA feature and It worked! but only for one song, and then I would get the "no server" error, I then exited out of the NET input and tried it again, same issue it would play one, maybe two songs then stop.

In response to your question, I recently did a firmware update on my old DVD player (Oppo DV-981HD) but the unit is not networked although it is connected with an HDMI cable.

jzzimprov

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty DLNA no server after about 30 minutes

Post  sheph Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I was having this same problem last week. I'll post what I tried based on my research into the issue just in case anyone else can benefit from it. My checklist included:
Bypass secondary switch uplinked in and go direct to the same switch the server is on = no difference
Turn off power save on LAN adapter = no difference
Disable any conversion or enhancement plugins (foobar2000) = no difference
Does it happen with both WAV and FLAC = yes
Try playing from an internal hard drive instead of USB = no difference
Disable antivirus (symantec internet security) = SUCCESS
Add Onkyo TX-NR5009 to Trusted Devices and turned A/V back on = still works

I saw in another post that it starts out using multicast, and after a period of time it attempts to renew the multicast session. If the AV software denies the request the connection dies. I know it's been a couple of weeks since you posted, but if you're still having this issue maybe this will help.

sheph

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty Re: TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi sheph,

Thank you for the research and the input.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 "No server" error with DLNA Empty NR509 - Same Same

Post  mjosborne1 Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue - After 20 minutes of playing music over dlna from my windows 7 laptop running Windows media center, the 509 fails with "no server". The currently playing song continues, but it does not play any more songs from the playlist. I also have Symantec Norton 360. I followed the instructions in "Excluding a device from Intrusion Prevention scan" on the Symantec website and rebooted both the amp and the laptop. Unfortunately for me, this hasn't fixed my issue.
I have a Netcomm ADSL2+ N300 modem router in between the 2 devices. The Laptop is using wireless connectivity, the N509 is using an ethernet cable. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

mjosborne1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. We would like to speak with you and provide a thorough answer to your inquiry and assist you with any further questions you may have.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down