Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tx-NR807 no audio on start up

+30
japiejoo
SS1234
Nj3young
taz2767
mcunningham
onkyoyo
yeudha
cobranumber9
Capinsatchell
EvansDC
eGoodchild
chaotic646
janssenjones
guitarkey
Stan
BrokenSoldier
marcin1812
nmanchik
phlegmer
kenm
BGMichael
dpeck
simontan5
thephoneguy
onkyo in canada
coolshyguy
miked19
packetx
OnkyoUSA
rabbid
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty tx-NR807 no audio on start up

Post  rabbid Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:20 am

Dear Onkyo,

I have a TX-NR807 that when i press the power button or standby as i have seen it called it does not play audio. If i cycle the power of standby button it still does not play audio, if i turn it on and let it set for around 30 to 40 minutes and let it get nice and hot and cycle the power or standby button the receiver makes several loud click and pops and begins to play sound. I have called your support help desk many time about this and have been walked through the resets and what not and have been told to call back if the problem persists. I have been trying to call back for several weeks now and i can't even get past your automated message system when i request a call back and i never get one. I have been researching this problem on the internet and it seems to be a plague among all your products. What options do you as a company offer to resolve this problem? Judging by just the comments in your own forum (see links below incase you forgot about the complaints) you as a company are well aware of the issue and have yet to do anything. Maybe you are just ignoring this issue in hopes it will go away or you current customer will give up and go purchase a Mcintosh or Pioneer. I personally want you to fix this in particular my receiver at your full expense. thank you for listening to complain about you defective product and i look forward to a response from you.

Best regards and wishes,
Brett

( https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t181-onkyo-tx-nr5007-audio-problems) & (https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t125-ht-rc180-no-audio) & (https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/t284-tx-sr707-no-audio-at-power-on) just to name three do a search for audio will not play to see others

rabbid

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty Re: tx-NR807 no audio on start up

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi rabbid,

I apologize for the inconvenience but it is best to email our parts and service department the following information to see if they can accommodate you:
Name, address, phone number
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823

Or email them at:

parts@us.onkyo.com
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty TX-NR807

Post  packetx Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I am having the same problem with no audio and no internet. My receiver is 2.5 years old and I paid $800 for it. Obviously a design flaw as my other 2 Onkyo receivers are around 6 and 10 years old and still working great. The question is whether Onkyo will stand by it product or just ignore it and hope the customer goes away.

packetx

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty Re: tx-NR807 no audio on start up

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi packetx,
Please contact our parts and service department and they will assist you. Please provide the following information in fax or email.
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823

Or email them at:

parts@us.onkyo.com
You can also call them at 201-785-2600 option 4. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  packetx Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm

I have already received a comfirmation email and I am waiting for a return phone call. Thanks for the prompt response.

packetx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:54 pm

You're Welcome and Good luck.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty still no contact from onkyo parts and service

Post  rabbid Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Big surprise I emailed parts and services yesterday with the required info and have not been contacted back by them. I don't know what I expected from a company that won't even acknowledge that they have a defect in their product line that probably warrants a recall. O.K maybe that is uncalled for maybe parts and service is so backed up fixing this problem that Onkyo doesn't have time to acknowledge that there is an issue. Any way I guess I have no other choice but to wait.

rabbid

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

Hi rabbid,
We are sorry you have not heard back yet, but we appreciate your patience. We are sure you will be hearing back soon. Thanks again.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  packetx Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:32 pm

After several months with no home theater and dealing with the Onkyo parts department, it seems that Onkyo is not willing to accept responsibility for its TX-NR 807 engineering defects. In fact, the parts department indicated that since there has not been a formal press release by Onkyo, then there is no problem with the TX-NR807 in spite of the heavy internet traffic about the HDMI broad failures.

They initially offered to repair the unit with the same defective board that caused the problem to begin with. (Again, parts asked how I was aware that the HDMI broad had not been redesigned to correct the problem.) I say, what problem?

Then they offered a used TX-NR809 for $525 in return for my $800 TX-NR 807 (5 months out of warranty (The same parts department, who did not acknowledge the TX-NR 807 manufacturing defect to begin with was willing to sell me a used TX-NR 809 for an additional $525.) In real terms, that's $1,325 for a receiver that should have lasted at least 10 years and cost no more than $800.

Bottom line: Since Onkyo will not back it products and acknowledge obvious problems with their equipment, I recommend that you don’t back their products.

What about consumer protection? What is the mean time between failure for this unit? Perhaps or a class action might to be order.

packetx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Brett,

Please PM me the following information:

Date of purchase.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi Brett,

One more thing I would need, when you PM me with your information also include an email address.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  packetx Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm

If you are how just getting around to Brett's complaint posted on 2/16/2012, I guess I am in-line for June or July response. I also want a complete refund or exchange and apologee from the parts deparment. Shame on Onkyo for the lack of customer support. I have three Onkyo receivers 6 and 8 years old all working fine, the third, 2.5 years the most expensive, no sound, returnded to Onkyo parts who will not do the right thing by upgrading the unit to TX-NR809 which does not have the problem, at no cost. Shame!

packetx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Packetx,

Depending on how far out of warranty you are we would offer you a courtesy repair. Your only responsibility would be to get the unit to the service center of your choice. In addition to that, we offer a trade in program for out of warranty units to purchase a factory reconditioned (not "used") upgraded unit at a discount.

Since we do back our products we have offered you two options. You are not required to trade in your receiver as you can accept the courtesy repair.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  packetx Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Replacing the HDMI board with the same board (meaning that it has not been redesigned to correct the problem) will only insure that the receiver will fail again in 2 years. Then the unit will be four years old and I will have to replace the board at my expense (currently about $450 repair). Is this how Onkyo backs its products?

At minimum Onkyo should redesign the effected HDMI board to insure that any repairs will last the life of the receiver and provide a warrant for that repair. A better customer oriented approach would be to admit it has a problem with this receiver through a formal recall and swap them out for reconditioned TX-NR-809 receivers at no cost to the owner.

When you buy a car with a 3 year warranty you still expect to get 10 years of service out of the car. That's why auto makers have recalls to correct the problem. The repairs are done right the first time so as not to inconvience its customers, limit exposure to negative publicity, and save costs.

In this case, Onkyo has elected to handle each complaint individually, which will prolong its exposure to negative publicity and eventual impact future sales.

As moderator, why don't you take a serious look that this issue and engage your management in this discussion.

packetx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi packetx,

"Any new circuit boards or parts used in a repair will have the latest upgrades."
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  miked19 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 am

What's up with these Onkyo's NR807 dying at the same time. Mine just did the same thing. Speakers not recognized, grayed out Network and Firmware items. Unplugging and plugging the unit back in used to work but not anymore. I performed a hard reset and still nothing. This stinks that it dies after 3 months of being out of warranty. Surprising how many times this issue is happening. I submitted an email to the Parts and Service department. Hopefully they'll respond back soon!

miked19

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:15 am

Hi miked19,
We are glad that you contacted parts and service. We want you to get this issue resolved ASAP. We are sure you will hear back soon. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty No Sound, No Network, No Firmware update.

Post  coolshyguy Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:19 am

I am facing the same problem with my TX-NR 807 receiver. This is really sad that all TX-NR807 Onkyo receivers are hitting with the same mistake. I have tried all the resets including hard reset, soft reset, etc. but of no use. I'm just out of warranty like 3 months ago but really a shame that this receiver lasted such short little while.

This is documented issue on the internet that this receiver is a hardware failure but Onkyo should honor this issue and replace all the affected receiver with new TX-NR809 receivers.

Regards,
Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Sachin,
We are sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please follow the directions in this thread for contacting our parts and service department. It is important to us that this issue is resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty Defective Onkyo RC180 in Canada/ defective service as well??

Post  onkyo in canada Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:16 am

Hi,

I have the sister model to the NR807 (the RC180) here in Canada. The audio just died on my receiver too, after only 2 years, 4 mo's. So... what exactly is it that you guys are doing to do about it?

I am reading the huge number of postings about this issue and I am really amazed at the responses by Onkyo. What a great way to tarnish your brand. Never mind the blogs... Word of mouth on issues like this is what sinks elite-brands like Onkyo. Do you think anyone working at a Best Buy (or elsewhere) is going to recommend a super expensive product known to fail and... even worse, lack proper support with a recall or at least a clear path to getting the product properly replaced?

I think about Monster power supplies... Great company. They sent me a replacement $400 power supply w/o question and paid for shipment to get the new product and to get the old model back to the factory. Putting aside the inconvenience that a defective Onkyou RC-180 means to my (now entirely useless) home e/t system, it sounds like I might be up for a very unsatisfactory (cheap-job repair or a referbished/ used product replacement) solution. You guys obviously don't get the point of having a Forum if all it does is warn prospective customers of how badly you respond to product and service issues.

Please tell me (and everyone else referencing your Forum or Googling "Onkyo" reviews) about what great service we are going to get from Onkyo (in Canada as well). Now is your chance to shine. Especially when heaps of customers are letting you know about a defect that is clearly your responsibility. We didn't pay $800 for 2 years worth of audio (I have a 15 year old Yamaha that still works 110%). Just try and bury this/ cheap job it and I'm sure everyone reading this is likely to let their local store know about how bad Onkyo products and support are.

PS - I work in the market research and customer service business... this definately ranks VERY LOW on the scale for such a an expensive product in a relatively competitive market.

Thank-you.

onkyo in canada

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 am

Hi onkyo in canada,
We are very sorry for the issue you are having with your unit. We take this very seriously here at Onkyo and would like to correct it asap. Since this is just a forum we cannot fully assist you on here, but we want to help however we can. Please contact our parts and service department. They will provide you with all the information you need regarding your unit. They are here to help with issues like this. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com. When you contact them please provide: your name, number, address, model number, serial number, and the nature of the issue. Someone there will be happy to help you Monday-Friday 9am-5pm eastern standard time. Again, we apologize for the issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty Same issue as you have

Post  thephoneguy Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm

First required warm up and reboots, then resets, now nothing on my TX-NR807. I thought this was an upgrade from my 805 ( i know thw amp is better in 805) but needed more HDMI inputs.

After calling I have sent in my info and we will see how Onkyo handles this.

Shayne from Canada

thephoneguy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Shayne,
We are glad you sent your information to parts. Please keep us posted as it is important to us that this is corrected ASAP. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

no sound - tx-NR807 no audio on start up Empty Your experience after repairs on NR807

Post  simontan5 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Below is my last post from another thread I had started last week.

I have since been told by the local service center that Onkyo has authorized them to do the repair at no charge even though I am out of warranty. Unfortunately, I am still going to be without the receiver for at least another week or two because the replacement boards are on backorder. This after being out over a month for the first repair. I am just hoping they really do have a proper fix for this obviously common issue. I havent seen anything anywhere else to support what the service center is saying about the old software causing the HDMI board to burn out, so I am curious if any of you have heard the same thing when taking your unit in for service. The odd thing is everyone seems to start experiencing this problem right at the 2 year mark. I had the bad luck of having the same problem again two weeks after my HDMI board was replaced under warranty. I guess it may actually be good luck that it happened again so soon since I am able to get a courtesy repair, but I am really wondering if there's a definitive fix from Onkyo for this problem or if the local service center is just telling me this to appease me. Would be great if those of you who have had their units serviced recently can share your experiences and relay any information you were given by the service center.

Re: Another NR807 no sound thread
simontan5 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:49 pm

I brought mine back to the local service center that replaced my HDMI board a month ago, and they advised that the new board had gone bad as well. When I got my receiver back the last time, they had claimed that the new HDMI boards being installed under warranty had been upgraded somehow and that I shouldn't have to worry about the problem reoccurring. This time around, they are saying that in between the new board being replaced last month and now, Onkyo has issued some sort of new software that will keep the HDMI board from failing.

This was after I called Onkyo's Parts Department and they advised that they were unaware of any known or documented issues regarding the HDMI board and the problems we've been experiencing. Initially, the Parts Dept said I could probably get a one-time courtesy repair outside of warranty, then later stated when I called again that I should have a 90-day repair warranty from the service center because the repair wasnt done properly the first time around. The service center says because a new part is needed, I need the out-of-warranty authorization. So I have no idea what to believe and am waiting for the service center and Onkyo to sort it out. All I know is I'm probably looking at another couple weeks without a receiver. I do think it's ridiculous for Onkyo to claim the no sound / HDMI issue is somehow not widespread enough to be documented or a known issue.

The ironic thing is I really liked the receiver when it was working properly. If Onkyo would at least acknowledge the problem even if they havent come up with a fix, I'd be a lot less aggravated.

simontan5

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:15 am

Hi simontan5,
We are sorry that the issue on your unit has returned and we understand your frustration. If you would like more information regarding the repair and the HDMI Boards please contact our parts and service center. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm eastern standard time). Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next