Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems

4 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems Empty Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems

Post  Wilson6 Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:06 pm

I have been dealing with audio issues with my Onkyo TX-NR5007 for several months and yesterday it completely went out. The problem comes from the speaker/channel indicators not coming on. At the beginning it was just the digital sound not coming in. A simple turning the receiver on and off would fix the problem. Then as the months progressed the analog sound was not coming in and the receiver would have to be on for at least 15-20 minutes, turned on and off and speaker/channel indicators would come on, then sound would come on. Now I can't get analog or digital sound to come on at all. I have all my connections thru HDMI and everything else is working except for the audio. I have tried all other audio inputs, updating firmware, rebooting, several hard resets and still speaker/channel indicators don't come on. My receiver is just out of warranty and i also did not want to send my receiver to the only Onkyo technicians in Florida which are in the Tampa area. I live in the south Florida area which is far from Tampa. Need help from anyone that might have encountered this problem and maybe has a fix. I have seen several websites which are discussing the same problem with the 5007. There is also a youtube video which shows the same problem I am encountering. Need help from anyone! I spent a lot of money on this receiver and would hate to have to change it. I still have my original Onkyo receiver and after 15 years it is still working. That is why I bought another Onkyo. Help!

Wilson6

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Wilson6,
Wow, you have really tried to troubleshoot this issue. Have you tried using new or different cables to see if you get audio that way? Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5007 Audio Problems Empty No Joy

Post  Short2Spark Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Wilson, just wanted you to know your not alone with this problem. Be grateful your not sending your unit from Oregon to SO Cal like I am. My 5007 went on the lamb just as the Warranty expired also. This problem of speakers not lighting up seams to have been going on since 2009. I wonder why we were not notified by Onkyo before the unit died on us and was still under warranty. Hopefully Onkyo will be gentle on us in the repair price, please let me know about your service experience and price for repair, I will do the same. I love this piece of equipment and it will be sadly missed while in transit. I have read some of your other posts around the net LOL, hang in there as will I.

Michael

2/11/2012 Update

My TX-NR5007 was covered by Extended warranty thru the credit card I purchased the unit with.

Cost to ship from Oregon to So. California (Adams Electronics) $75.00 with $3000.00 INS.

Diagnosis: bad HDMI board, parts on back order (3 weeks).

Solution: ONKYO Sent at no cost an up-grade to the TX-NR5009, 21 days without unit.

Customer Satisfaction: All smiles.

Last edited by Short2Spark on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Short2Spark

Back to top Go down

Post  MidTennesseeAudio Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm glad your HDMI issue was resolved by Onkyo. I own a TX-NR807 with the same audio issue and Onkyo gave me a common response "contact a local service center". In other words, spend another $500 to repair a 2 year old device.

MidTennesseeAudio

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi forum users,

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 to see if they can accommodate you further in servicing your unit.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down