Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer

3 posters

Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer

Post  joker Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 pm

I have connected my 2009 27" imac computer from the mini display port using a moshi miniDP to HDMI adaptor to my Onkyo HT-RC-260 via a HDMI cable. The picture is great but the audio is intermittent when connected to the Onkyo. If I make the same connection directly to my sony flat screen tv the audio works just fine. Has any one else had this problem and can help?

joker

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty Re: Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Joker,
Do you have any other devices with an HDMI out that you could test it with? If so connect that device to the receiver and out to the TV and see if you get the same audio drops. Thanks for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty More connections

Post  joker Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:24 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Joker,
Do you have any other devices with an HDMI out that you could test it with? If so connect that device to the receiver and out to the TV and see if you get the same audio drops. Thanks for choosing Onkyo!

I have two satellite receivers and a blue ray dvd connected with HDMI cables to the onkyo av receiver using different inputs and they output sound correctly , it appears that it is only the imac computer has this problem when connected to the onkyo av receiver.

joker

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty Re: Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Joker,
Since the issue seems to only happen to the iMac than the issue is with that device and not the receiver. Also our receivers do not support Macs, only PCs. Thank you for contacting Product Supprt via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty No Mac support

Post  joker Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Since the issue seems to only happen to the iMac than the issue is with that device and not the receiver. Also our receivers do not support Macs, only PCs. Thank you for contacting Product Supprt via our forum.

I spoke to Mac ( Apple Support ) and they told me that imac meets the Hdmi 1.3 standard . My imac computer will out put both video and audio to my sony flat screen tv as well as my sony rear projector tv using hdmi cables indicating this is true. It seems to me that perhaps there might be a problem with this av receiver , if not it should be mentioned in your specs that you do not support imac computers. Is there a way i can work around this situation to make this configuration out put hdmi audio. I really do not want to purchase an other av receiver that will work with a imac computer.

joker

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi Joker,
We apologize, but unfortunately your iMac will not work with your Receiver. Thanks for being an Onkyo Customer!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty Disappointed

Post  joker Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm

We apologize, but unfortunately your iMac will not work with your Receiver. Thanks for being an Onkyo Customer!

I am very disappointed with your reply , it seems that you do not wish to help resolve my problem. I have purchased two Onkyo av receivers on a recommendation from people in the know about your product, they said that your product support was great , but i do not think i could recommend your products and will not purchase ONKYO products again.

joker

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Joker,
I am sorry that you were unhappy with our response. Unfortunately, our receivers do not support Macs which means we cannot troubleshoot the situation any further. If we find out anymore information we will be sure to get back to you. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty also a Mac user

Post  Craig in New Mexico Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello,
not sure if this is where I should start, but after reading through the various topics this seems like a good place. I am contemplating the purchase of an Onkyo HT-S3300 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver and Speaker Package. This will be the central unit in a completely new home theater system, and as I am new to this I thought I should ask some questions up front. Currently the plan is to connect the Onkyo to an LG 50PV450 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV. There will be a LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player, and an Apple TV MC572LL/A providing the majority of our viewing entertainment (as we unfortunately have access only to off-air television signal). I plan to connect everything through the Onkyo using the HDMI inputs. I recently read a review online where the poster stated how pleased he was with the performance of the Onkyo HT-S3300. In his component list was an Apple TV. So this leads to my question: Is this proposed set up using the Onkyo going to work for me?
PS-is there any way to connect an off-air TV antenna coax cable to the Onkyo?
thanks

Craig in New Mexico

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Craig,
Your setup should work out just fine. Also there is a coaxial cable input on the receiver where you should be able to connect the antenna. If you would like to read a little more about this product you can download the owners manual on our website. Here is a blog post letting you know how to download one. http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/owner%e2%80%99s-manuals/
Thank you for contacting product support via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intermittent sound output when connected to a 27" imac computer  Empty also a Mac user

Post  Craig in New Mexico Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. After reading of the difficulties experienced by the originator of this thread I was concerned about your ability to support the Apple TV. Having searched various posts on this issue I was already pretty comfortable with the idea that it would work, but it never hurts to ask. Once again your timely response was most appreciated.
Craig

Craig in New Mexico

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm

You are very Welcome!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down