Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No blu ray picture with 609

3 posters

Go down

No blu ray picture with 609 Empty No blu ray picture with 609

Post  philrapley Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm currently running a 609, Sony BDPS570 blu ray player & an X-box 360 through a Philips 37" LCD, HD/1080p all connected with Cambridge Audio HDMI leads (sorry, not sure of the model).

The X-box displays sounds & pictures without any problems but the Blu Ray only gives out sound and no picture. All I get on the AV is "no signal" on the display screen. I've done a factory reset, switched the HDMI's around and played with the settings but nothing. I'm begining to think the 609 was a complete waste of money.

Could somebody please let me know if there are any compatibility issues with the AVR and the blu ray player? This is my second 609 as I was told the HDMI board was broken and that's why I had this issue. Doesn't seem to be the case as I'm still getting the same issue!

Thanks.

philrapley

Back to top Go down

No blu ray picture with 609 Empty 609 pain

Post  Andrs7T Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 am

You said this is your second unit, Did onkyo replace it or did you return it to the store? I think its your hdmi board, did you try another input for your dvd, I have a sony dvd not the same modle put no problems.My unit has to be rebooted every time I turn on the tv to get the sound to play thu when I don't want the recivre on.

Andrs7T

Back to top Go down

No blu ray picture with 609 Empty Re: No blu ray picture with 609

Post  philrapley Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 am

I returned the unit to the store and they replaced it under warranty as the unit wasn't even 2 months old.

If it is the HDMI board, I feel Onkyo should address this issue as it's unacceptable to be selling faulty units. It's too much of a coincidence that I've had 2 faulty units in a row so I'm inclined to believe that it's a settings issue, not a board issue.

Onkyo, care to comment on this problem?

philrapley

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi philrapley,

Be assured that we do not sell faulty unit to our valued customers. Although rare it is not unheard of getting 2 units in a row that was as you say faulty. It's been my experience that when customers call in and our product support team goes over their settings it can be easily resolved.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrs7T Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Seem to me that you just addmitted to selling faulty units.

Andrs7T

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Forum Users,
We would like to assure you that we do not sell faulty units to our loyal customers. As stated before this occurrence is very rare. For assistance please call us at Product Support: 1-800-229-1687. Someone there will be sure you help you out. Hours: M-F 9am-8pm | Sat-Sun 10am-8pm ET
We are sorry for any issue you may be having.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down