Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green vertical line on HT RC-360

2 posters

Go down

Green vertical line on HT RC-360 Empty Green vertical line on HT RC-360

Post  bn2wild Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I just recently purchased an HT-RC360, and am using coax line in for Comcast cable box, HDMI from box to HT-RC360, HDMI from HT-RC360 to Pioneer Elite 50 plasma.
I am getting a green vertical line on the screen, but only on some low def pictures and some Comcast menus while on low def, never on high def.
I have not found a perfect code for the comcast box to operate the Comcast cable box either...

Any suggestions on the vertical line? or the best code for the remote to operate Comcast box?

Thanks

bn2wild

Back to top Go down

Green vertical line on HT RC-360 Empty Re: Green vertical line on HT RC-360

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi bn2wild,

Have you tried different HDMI cables and are your HDMI cables high speed 1080p?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bn2wild Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi bn2wild,

Have you tried different HDMI cables and are your HDMI cables high speed 1080p?

Yes, I just performed new/other cables both on the input HDMI and the output HDMI both. Even tried shorter cables.
I also selected a different HDMI input on the Pioneer TV as well.
But, these are the same HDMI cables I used before purchasing the Onkyo surround system, and never saw this.

Looking through the channel lineup, it is not all non-hi def channels. It appears on 2 and 4, but not 3 for instance.

Could there be a different setting or an AUTO setting I am missing?
The pioneer is Pioneer PRO-1140HD
rated at 720p...
Supported DTV resolutions 480p,1080p,720p

No problem at hi-def, also, if I zoom the screen in lower def I don't see the green vertical line (usually right edge), but unsure if this is still harmful to the TV...

bn2wild

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi bn2wild,

Have you consulted page 62 and 63 of your TV's owner’s manual. Once these changes are made it should resolve your issue. Keep in mind that as this only happening on certain channels it is not the Onkyo receiver as it is performing within its operating parameters.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Green vertical line on HT RC-360 Empty any particular paragraph?

Post  bn2wild Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 am

Have you consulted page 62 and 63 of your TV's owner’s manual. Once these changes are made it should resolve your issue. Keep in mind that as this only happening on certain channels it is not the Onkyo receiver as it is performing within its operating parameters.

The only settings here are:
Using the 3dyc and ip mode
Sound adjustments
Focus
Power Control

Please don't take this wrong, as I could use some help, but,
What exactly is your point/fix? I don't understand...

bn2wild

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi bn2wild,

My point is this could be an issue with your TV or cable box or the signal coming in as it only happens on certain channels this usually signifies something in the downstream meaning coming from the provider. The reason why I went outside my scope of support to look in the owners manual of the TV was the fact that in the manual on the pages I told you about was based on the issue you are having those pages may have the resolution.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bn2wild Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 pm

My point is this could be an issue with your TV or cable box or the signal coming in as it only happens on certain channels this usually signifies something in the downstream meaning coming from the provider. The reason why I went outside my scope of support to look in the owners manual of the TV was the fact that in the manual on the pages I told you about was based on the issue you are having those pages may have the resolution.

But as an end user I have no knowledge of what I should be looking for here. If indeed it is resolution, then what part of this do I specifically need to understand. The page number does not seem to coincide with your comment, or does it? The word resolution is not found anywhere on these 2 pages you mention.

Aside from that, the resolution from the cable box is not part of my TV manual, correct?

Please be specific in your answer, rather than a vague reference, so that I can try to figure this out. This to me could mean a problem with the receiver as far as I can tell... If it is, then I would like to return it, rather than sitting with an issue unresolved.

bn2wild

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi bn2wild,

I believe I didn't mention resolution at all in our correspondence. In any event as I've said before if this is only happening on certain channels there is a strong possibility it is in the TV or cable box and not a receiver issue and I suggest speaking with their support on this. On the other hand if you believe it is the receiver then you may take/send it to one of authorized service centers for further evaluation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down